hotel internet

Currently reading:
hotel internet

:yuck: sounds minging, i not doing that:yuck:

lolol yeh re-reading that i can see what you mean.

basically all it is, is capturing packets of data sent from a computer. Once you've collected the correct ones, you can recompile the data. In there somewhere will be the password used to connect to the network. It will most probably be encrypted, but theres ways around that :)

BTW, its most probably very illegal, but talking about it isn't :)

the way I would do it if i was a cyber-criminal type person (which im not and so wouldnt attempt this), is to write a trojan and have it installed on a users computer (by means of piggybacking onto other files or whatever.) this would capture the login details as they type it in, which could easily be done using windows API to enumarate the handles of open windows and then enumerate the handles of all controls on only browser windows. by checking the captions of controls in that window, you can then find out if the login page is open and active. if it is, it would wait for the child window to be opened (i.e. login dialog) and would then keep monitoring the handle of the textbox, and when that textbox has been filled out and lost focus, the contents of the textbox could be stored. then the trojan would sit and wait for a connection from your computer. when you connect, the details are automatically sent and the connection dropped - would take milliseconds. Or you could use UDP which is connectionless (probably easier.) Bingo - you have the unencrypted login details. Antiviruses are unlikely to find it as it would be new and not in their definitions - only bloodhound heuristic type systems would even stand a chance. Firewalls could be a problem, but that could be overcome by piggybacking the broadcast app onto a legitamate application that requires internet access such as a browser, and use commonly used ports to reduce the chances of the port being blocked (such as 80, 8080, 21, 1867 etc)

Last edited:
Stay in a cheap hotel - they give you free wifi IME, while the premium chains like Radisson, Hilton etc charge even when you (i.e. clients) are paying £150+ a night :rolleyes:

You tried CTRL+ALT+DEL and ending the task that is the login page?
You tried pressing the Windows button to get he start menu up? That always goes over every other window usually and then you can just start IE or whatever browser they have installed.

I used to do this in NET Cafes all over the place, could even terminate the Timers so that you have unlimited online time for free!

You would be suprised at the cowboys that attempt to make there own NET cafes and service providers.

Back