Technical 'Hot Air Pipe' Manifold bracket?

Currently reading:
Technical 'Hot Air Pipe' Manifold bracket?

ytareh

Established member
My new Cinq Sporting has no obvious way of connecting the loose flopping warm air pipe to the front /exhaust manifold.I forget how/where its fitted but suspect someone has broken/taken it off and not replaced it.Anyone tell me wher its meant to go?Thanks!

is this the bit you mean

Picture-010ch.jpg

it uses the bolts on the manifold

ooh good pic. that real carbon fibre?
anyway i was just going to say that i tsounds as though someones left it off as its dead obvious where the pipe attaches

Yep thats what I expected ...thanks for the pic Gaz-explains it perfectly(was near Wrexham briefly on the motorway recently on my Christmas epic drive from Holyhead to Middlesborough and back (540 miles in an 899cc S -saw 90 on the clock once or twice-with massive piece of furniture/luggage in rear)!!!
... and yes thats a gorgeous intake Hormann or Novitec?

Of course the missing bracket is yet another example of the shoddy work of whatever mechanic/s worked on my ex 'little old lady' Cinq.Sporting!!!Thankfully the car is pretty good overall but is gonna take me a few hours tidying up their mess...

ytareh said:
Yep thats what I expected ...thanks for the pic Gaz-explains it perfectly(was near Wrexham briefly on the motorway recently on my Christmas epic drive from Holyhead to Middlesborough and back (540 miles in an 899cc S -saw 90 on the clock once or twice-with massive piece of furniture/luggage in rear)!!!
... and yes thats a gorgeous intake Hormann or Novitec?

glad to see you drove past wrexham, not to sure why anyone would want to come here and visit :p

it says hormann on the airbox, not sure if that is just a freebie sticker or not

......Ooh and I see your Cinq is Imola Blue!!!I had to 'settle' for a yellow after searching for 2 months or more...nicest blend of mileage/price/condition....I saw a nice Imola Blue parked at a (mid blizzard) petrol station about 20 miles south of Stockton on Tees.It was on some nice uprated alloys .I had to stop to de ice windscreen/washer jets-I had tons of deicer in washer but still no joy!Only glitch in Cinqs epic motorway trip was front visibility in snow/ice-rather dangerous (a woman was also pulled in a Sei trying to deice her screen-so there were 3 'centos parked beside the taps!!!)

ytareh said:
......Ooh and I see your Cinq is Imola Blue!!!I had to 'settle' for a yellow after searching for 2 months or more...nicest blend of mileage/price/condition....I saw a nice Imola Blue parked at a (mid blizzard) petrol station about 20 miles south of Stockton on Tees.It was on some nice uprated alloys .I had to stop to de ice windscreen/washer jets-I had tons of deicer in washer but still no joy!Only glitch in Cinqs epic motorway trip was front visibility in snow/ice-rather dangerous (a woman was also pulled in a Sei trying to deice her screen-so there were 3 'centos parked beside the taps!!!)
settle for yellow :eek: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

well TBH i didnt get a choice of cinqs with the right engine ;)

Sorry lads I can see you didnt like that ("settling" for yellow) comment!!!But seriously its a fairly in yer face choice .....and definitely would have been my last choice(still would !!!-see separate post!).No offence !I would still drive a Cinq Sporting if it was pink with purple spots!!!

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaarghhhhh........!!!Hate you man!!!

Duncan said:
Haha Imola's rule! Is that the OMP strut brace in the pic??? Ive got a Sparco one but it's a b*****d to get on thanks to the battery, might get OMP instead :chin:

i have no idea, it came with the car and doesnt have a sticker on

i was a little confused by it cause all the ones i have seen sit over battery, to me this one looks upside down :confused:

gaz_wrexham said:
i have no idea, it came with the car and doesnt have a sticker on

i was a little confused by it cause all the ones i have seen sit over battery, to me this one looks upside down :confused:

Gaz mate is an OMP I just sold one to Luke.. :)

Back