Hospital Trip

Currently reading:
Hospital Trip

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
Recently been suffering from symptoms which are connected to diabetes since xmas. Constant thirst, needing the toilet etc to name a few plus loosing half a stone convinced me to go get the test today.

Well following the test i have been referred to go to casualty to see a doctor.

On average the capillary plasma glucose within your blood should be no higher than 6 mmol/l however mine is currently reading at 20.4mmol/l :(

I am just on my way to hospital, i recommend anyone to go get this test, even if its just for peace of mind free from your local lloyds pharmacy.

Ill let you know how i get on :)

AppleSei said:
Recently been suffering from symptoms which are connected to diabetes since xmas. Constant thirst, needing the toilet etc to name a few plus loosing half a stone convinced me to go get the test today.

Well following the test i have been referred to go to casualty to see a doctor.

On average the capillary plasma glucose within your blood should be no higher than 6 mmol/l however mine is currently reading at 20.4mmol/l :(

I am just on my way to hospital, i recommend anyone to go get this test, even if its just for peace of mind free from your local lloyds pharmacy.

Ill let you know how i get on :)

hey bad luck fella, at my worst my blood suagr levels read 30.9:eek:

it's not the end of the world even if u do have it, there is treatment n witht he right diet n evercise u will be fine

hope u get on ok(y)

I had a test for diabetes and anemia at the doctors a couple of months ago because I was constantly feeling tired. Luckily both tests came back ok, but I'm sorry to hear about your situation dude.

I think I've found the reason I was feeling tired all the time was having too many fizzy/caffienated drinks and not enough water. I drink loads now and feel much better :)

hope your ok and feeling better soon

ive been there myself last feb thirsty going the toilet alot sugar levels 17 upwards was sent straight to the hospital spent most of the day being prodded and poked blood tests, blood gasses ,finally found out i was diabetic on the positive side im 4 stone lighter

(n) Sorry to hear your news apple, but try not to worry.
I only found out i had diabetes about 3wks ago by getting checked out like you.You should be ok though as youre still in your 20s(i think) so youve found out reasonably early in life and it can hopefully be controlled by drugs and a healyhy lifestyle.(y)
:slayer: Totally agree with your advice to people to get checked out as its reckoned more people have it than have been diagnosed and the longer you leave it unchecked the more dangerous it can become.:yuck:
Only advice i can give you really mate is try not to worry, its not the end of the world tho at the time it may seem like it.
Keep your chin up! MATT.(y)

Good luck! Many diabetics can control their diabetes through diet only I believe, without having to inject insulin.
Why didn't you go to your GP though? :confused:
H

hmallett said:
Good luck! Many diabetics can control their diabetes through diet only I believe, without having to inject insulin.
Why didn't you go to your GP though? :confused:
H

yeah u can either have a controlled diet or tablets and even if u have to inject it's not so bad, as it's only a little prick:rolleyes::eek:

At the end of the day it's about control and ensuring that you don't let it rule ur life, it's only a small part of who anybody who has it is.

charmed103 said:
At the end of the day it's about control and ensuring that you don't let it rule ur life, it's only a small part of who anybody who has it is.

How can you say dont let it rule your life?:eek:
If you are diabetic you have to be carefull what you eat and drink. If you smoke you should give up.You have to check your blood sugar count etc etc
Of course, you dont have to follow the advice youre given but youd be a fool not to!(n)

MATT 68 said:
How can you say dont let it rule your life?:eek:
If you are diabetic you have to be carefull what you eat and drink. If you smoke you should give up.You have to check your blood sugar count etc etc
Of course, you dont have to follow the advice youre given but youd be a fool not to!(n)

Unless I'm mistaken, she is a diabetic herself, and is perfectly qualified to say what she did :)

Back