Hospital Trip

Currently reading:
Hospital Trip

AppleSei said:
.I have had over 15 blood tests so that makes more pricks than liberace :D

LOL HI Apple, nice to have you back with us. Sorry to hear about your results but you sound pretty upbeat which is great and i notice you havent lost your sense of humour(y)
Welcome to the land of inkless pens!!;)

Thank for letting us know. I guess it's a lot to cope with suddenly so well done for keeping a sane head. Hopefully things will settle down for you now and life will return to 'normal' :) As Dave says and from this thread, you can see you're not alone so don't worry about that :D

glad you on the mend (y)

my gran had diabetes type 2 , im sure we always used to keep sugar cubes round for her :confused:, seems a little strange now after reading of all the high blood sugar levels :eek:

MATT 68 said:

Lol i know what you mean, i have to go to my local diabetes centre tomorrow to sort out my diet etc and basically clear everything up :)

I'm sorry to hear this John but glad that you're keeping your chin up and have a sense of humour about it. I have a diabetic friend and he leads a perfectly normal life. He always makes sure he has a snack with him and of course his diabetic kit. There are many many worse things that you could have got rather than this if it's any consolation. :)

JjPhoenix said:
Glad you sound alright, hope tommorrow goes well n that (y) What about drinking :eek: is going out on the **** atill allowed?

No

You are allowed 6 units of alcohol per day (1.5 pints)

Anymore you are obviously lowering your sugar levels and so i would probably go into a diabetic coma quicker than normal. Im sure there is somewhere around this anyway ;)

You'll be back to a normal life soon John (y).It's a bit of a blow, but you have exactly the right attitude to go about it :)

AppleSei said:
No

You are allowed 6 units of alcohol per day (1.5 pints)

Anymore you are obviously lowering your sugar levels and so i would probably go into a diabetic coma quicker than normal. Im sure there is somewhere around this anyway ;)

ah no gutted :cry: ... On the brighter side at least that means if u take a bird back after a nite out she will still be fit in the morning... no beer goggles :p and when u get ur license back not waiting round in the freezing cold at 3 in the morning for taxis, ur'll b stil ok 2 drive :D

hey

sorry to hear you cant make it saturday :( but under the circumstances your health is definatly more important. (y)

am sure once your sorted there will be plenty more meets for you to attend :)

if your prepared for everything with your diabetes and know what you have to do to control it then am sure you'll be fine :cool:

my friend couldnt handle the injections at first but she deals with them fine now and is very much a typical student :slayer:

anyway

good luck from us both

(stilosporting & me)

MATT 68 said:
LOL HI Apple, nice to have you back with us. Sorry to hear about your results but you sound pretty upbeat which is great and i notice you havent lost your sense of humour(y)

:yeahthat:

sportingsmissus said:
my friend couldnt handle the injections at first but she deals with them fine now and is very much a typical student :slayer:

I can stand the injections, in a way i am happy to take them, cos i know they are doing all things good

Its the blood samples thats draining me, my finger ends are shot to pieces and i am always on edge, think im gonna go hypo, so checking evrytime i feel faint or summat. Im sure this is just initial nerves and will disappear over time

AppleSei said:
I can stand the injections, in a way i am happy to take them, cos i know they are doing all things good

Im sure this is just initial nerves and will disappear over time

i would imagine your probably right, you will adjust eventually.quicker with a positive outlook like yours (y)

personally am squeamish (sp) so dont think i would do too well.

sorry to hear the news fella, but its good to know its been caught fairly early and your fiarly upbeat about it and are willing to overcome it as best possible.

keep the good attitude up and it wont be detremantal to you. im sure it will become easier with time for ya, and your fingers will get a whole lot better, keep on top of it unlike my mate and all will be fine (y)

Back