General Horn

Currently reading:
General Horn

BFG

Still having problems with daughters horn on her dynamic to day I have removed the fuse box and sprayed it with some Halfords electric cleaner also the connectors and dryed them all with air dryer still no look I seem to think it must be some thing that they have done when they fitted black box the air bag as been swopped and the squib from a car that was seen working still no look

Does any body know what grease or lupricant they use on the horn contact as I be leave that they had a problem with the horn and it said needed the contacts lupricating I would have thought that it would not make circuit if not clean from grease

If you have access to a multimeter put the voltage setting across the two horn contacts in the engine bay and see if you get a voltage. If you do then it's not the fuses it's the horn if you don't then trace it back.

Ben :)

Hi Ben
We have tried all sorts swopped the horn with one what I new was working also swopped the fuse box swopped the squib also the air bag all from a car that I had parked up ready for my other daughter still no look then I thought to my self the horn on the air bag does not press down much took it off and loosened some screws and hay presto it worked for the Mot and a few days later stopped again and this time no look with it wish I new which of the block connector on the fuse box and which pins to put the volt meter to so that I could check if power is getting from steering wheel to fuse box also I wounder if those who fitted the black box as spliced in to a wire that affects the horn supply
regards
Tony

Cheers Andy
How you getting on with your other punto is it on the road yet

Cheers Andy
How you getting on with your other punto is it on the road yet

It was for a week.. Then this became very apparent

1458044043450.jpg

Got new stem seals pressed in new cam seals et all

Got the inlet manifold mounted with new seals plus new thermostat and water pump put on so the instant gasket can cure over night.....

So tonight its heat gasket on and tighten the new head bolts

And do timing / reassemble the rest

Looks like your keeping busy with it i bet she is not happy with the time its taking any problems with any of the studs snapping on the manifold daughters been offered a place at a uni down south so may try and sort horn out then + it will be dew an exhaust don't for get my offer stands if ever your this way pop in for a brew

Looks like your keeping busy with it i bet she is not happy with the time its taking any problems with any of the studs snapping on the manifold daughters been offered a place at a uni down south so may try and sort horn out then + it will be dew an exhaust don't for get my offer stands if ever your this way pop in for a brew

will do :)

had no issues at all stripping it down although a bathed all the studs in plus gas for 2 days with regular wire brushings then graphite based release oil before i undid them..

all came out a treat

Back