Technical Hood Leak

Currently reading:
Technical Hood Leak

rinkypoo

I am getting a lot of water coming in... not the main part of the car, but the section where the hood goes when you put it down if you get where i mean...

The hood in fairness is quite old and tatty but i am trying to avoid spending money on a new one.

Thoughts?

It sounds more like the hood compartment rubber seal leaking, rather than the hood leaking. It's been written about before on here, it seems you have to check for holes in the seal and fill them, maybe adjust how tight the lid sits on the seal or replace the seal.

The hood in fairness is quite old and tatty but i am trying to avoid spending money on a new one.
Thoughts?

It probably is the tonneau seal, which if I remember correctly someone on here just paid £101 for. You also need to check that the drainage holes are not blocked in the area.

Eventually you will have to bite the bullet, but some sort of waterproof tape on the holes in the roof could also help. Stick it to the inside as it will also help where the frame rubs the hood. I have holes on either side of the window that need to be fixed,

Actually I just need a new roof and if I pay to have everything fitted including new seals all round it's about 1000GBP.

if i bite the bullet and get a new hood how much am i looking at? 500 for mohair?

also, is there anywhere other than dtr that can get it -i am based in leeds

if i bite the bullet and get a new hood how much am i looking at? 500 for mohair?

also, is there anywhere other than dtr that can get it -i am based in leeds

Car hoods direct supply a decent mohair (it is what is fitted to mine). They are based in Kent but I think they cover the UK and come to your door to fit it!

Back