Honest opinions on the 106?

Currently reading:
Honest opinions on the 106?

See if you can get a job in a night club. A few hours a week. Usually good pay due to hours. Leaves your days free.

P.S. Mug!
Exxon.jpg

I don't need a job, I have plenty of money, just I rely on my parents a lot for my income and am happy therefore not having a completely free will on what their money is used for by me.

Just heard back, it's in good nick it seems but my dad said the same as most of you, it might annoy me on the motorway. I also made a mistake of thinking elec windows, but it does have central locking and a keypad immobiliser. Had had some money spent on it so looks like they will make him an offer BUT not for me, for my sister :)

The Negotiator said:
I also made a mistake of thinking elec windows, but it does have central locking and a keypad immobiliser. Had had some money spent on it so looks like they will make him an offer BUT not for me, for my sister :)

Like i said they were crap spec till they did a slight facelift and interior change.

A tip for the immobiliser as we had one - Good idea but dont punch a wrong number in by accident 3 times or its a 30 minute wait to sort itself out

The Negotiator said:
Just heard back, it's in good nick it seems but my dad said the same as most of you, it might annoy me on the motorway. I also made a mistake of thinking elec windows, but it does have central locking and a keypad immobiliser. Had had some money spent on it so looks like they will make him an offer BUT not for me, for my sister :)
So what's plan B?

Whoops, forgot to update, they made an offer of £650 (the car is worth a lot more...they don't seem to realise the cost of basic cars) and he asked for 750 (still a bargain given prices elsewhere, normally would expect 1000 for such a car) and they walked?! But having spoken to them it's more about them not particularly wanting the 106 rather than not wanting to pay that money.

Extremely good value for money though, they said it was a bit of a heavy drive and I wouldn't like it and my sister would be too weak lol. Anyway, got bored talking to them since they seem to think I will be doing 2k/year next year and that 1k buys you a 2000 megane dti ;)

Apple, this was post face lift, face lift was 1996 I believe.

So plan B is to keep looking, since this was as good as a 106 diesel can be I will have to concentrate on:

Laguna (dti)
Megane (dti)
Xsara (1.9D or 1.9TD)
Brava/o (TD100 or JTD I guess)

As per original plan :) Slightly annoyed since I can't quite understand why they made an offer to him but don't think it is suitable for either of us lol.

The Negotiator said:
Apple, this was post face lift, face lift was 1996 I believe.

Yep and facelifted slightly again in 2000 which included slight cosmetic outside changes and a new interior setup. Including complete overhaul of dials and odometer, different seat patterns, and a new steering wheel design which was later installed in the 307

Back