Holy crap!

Currently reading:
Holy crap!

Oh dear that is pathetic. I'd like to complain about the complaint. Seriously that is so sad when a joke gets deleted from the leisure lounge something is wrong witht the forum I think.

So Irish jokes not ok but Sheffield jokes fine? How does that work? That is a stupid decision in my opinion.

The only part of the joke which could offend was when the boss say "I'm not hiring no dumb fock paddy from Dublin".....this is obviously an opinion using the age old stereotype that the irish are stupid. But after reading on you realise that the 'dumb' paddy outsmarts the construction boss. so how would that offend?

I didn't laugh because it was an Irish bloke, I laughed because he made the boss look stupid. IMO this joke is a play on the stereotype, and needed a character that appeared to be dumb in order to create the joke.

if any members were offended then i guess it was in the best interest of the forum, but do we not have sense of humours now?

btw check out this site, probably disproves the statement that it is a dig at the irish :)

http://www.juliescoggins.com/JokePage.htm

What I find difficult to understand is most people on the forum hate over-PCness,

I don't really understand why it is was removed TBH, it's not like it was racist whatsoever.

i thought it was hysterical!! :D i think they should bring it back...dont know why it was taken. (n)

So can we make jokes about blonde Irish girls who live in Sheffield, or is that taking it too far.

Bring the joke back, after all it is only a joke !!

Andy

Agreed poggy, I think it was a bad decision to delete it at all.

A Blond Essex Girl gets on a bus and asks the conductor how long the trip is
between Limerick to Sheffield. "About 7 hours," says the conductor. "Okay,"
says the Girl "then how long is the trip between Sheffield to Limerick?" The
irate conductor says to the girl "It's still about 7 hours, man. Why'd
ya think there'd be a difference?" "Well," says the girl, "It's only a
week between Christmas and New Year's, but it's a helluva long time
between New Year's to Christmas!"

Whatever - to us plebs it is not here and is as good as deleted! What difference to anyone does it make whether you delete it or send it to Sheffield - it's not here! Temporarily deleted then who cares!

An Engilshman, a Scotsman and a bloke from Sheffield went into an Limerick pub for a pint of Guinness one day. After being served a fly landed in each of their pints and stuck in the creamy heads.
The Englishman pushed his pint away from him in disgust and proceeded to order another pint.
The Scotsman simply fished the offending fly out with his finger and proceeded to drink his pint as if nothing had happened.
The Sheffieldsman, eyes wide with anger grabbed the fly and held it over his pint shouting "SPIT IT OUT!!! SPIT IT OUT YOU BASTARAD!!!"

Dr_Pepper said:
Whatever - to us plebs it is not here and is as good as deleted! What difference to anyone does it make whether you delete it or send it to Sheffield - it's not here! Temporarily deleted then who cares!

you obviously do coz you keep going on about it :rolleyes:- richard i seriously think you need to chill, i never said i was in agreement to it being moved but i will support whatever is decided about the thread the more people that are in agreement to it going back then the more likely it will be put back - by that i dont mean just one person keep going on and on (y)

Sam I'm fine thanks. And Quite a few people have made the same comment so it's not just me. Helz They were nothing special just a couple of Irish jokes!

An Irishman was driving through rural Sheffield when his Fiat broke down. He pulled over and opened the bonnet. Just then a cow poked it's head over the fence and advised him that the HT-leads were gone. Scared out of his life, the Irishman ran to the nearest farm where he was met by a typical blond farmer from Sheffield. "Holy **** there's a talking cow in your field" says the Irishman. "What did it say?" said the farmer, "Well it told me how to fix my car" The Sheffield farmer replies " Don't worry, that's just Daisy. Just ignore her she knows nothing about cars."

Joking apart, all this over PC stuff is going to cause nothing but trouble in the long run.

People are so scared of being sued or attacked for saying the wrong thing now that they won't say what they think. There will be no individualism at this rate.

Although I agree we need to respect others, things are going too far now and people complain for personal gain and not because they genuinely feel they have been wronged. Obviously not in the case of this joke, but it does filter down.

Anyway that's enough of being serious. Let's see some more jokes.

Andy

lol. very funny.

wouldn't mind seeing the original though. my irish house mates would like to have a laugh at it (being serious). They are finding this thread very funny in a kinda despairing way.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the times in our house an englishman or irishman has a pun thrown at him based on his origin. Its all good fun and banter.

Paddy from Sheffield says to Murphy from Essex, "What are you Doing?" Murphy replies. "I'm building a rocket to send to the sun." "Don't be daft!" Paddy says "It'll burn up before it gets there." "Ah well Paddy, I've thought of that already clever cloggs, I'm launching it at night."

This will probably end up being deleted/moved/hidden :rolleyes: but... Behold! The original joke, censored for those of a politically correct nature:
----------------------------------------------
A construction boss in B***ast was interviewing men when along came a
guy named P**dy from D**lin. 'I'm not hiring no dumb fock p**dy from
D**lin,'the foreman thought, so he made up a test hoping that P**dy wouldn't be able to answer the questions and he'd be able to refuse him the job without getting into a dispute.

"Here's your first question," the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

"Wittout nombers?" P**dy says. "Agh! feck aff dat's easy," and he
proceeds to draw 3 trees.

"What's this?" the boss asks.

The D** replies, "Ain't ye got no brains. Tree'nTree'nTree makes 9.
Are ye feckin' tick or wa?"

"Fair enough," says the Boss. "Here's your second question. Use the
same rules, but this time use the number 99."

P**dy stares into space for a minute, then picks up the picture he has drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Dare ye arre, me mucker."

The Boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to
represent 99?"

P**dy says "Each a de trees is dirty now! So it's dirty tree 'n dirty
tree'n dirty tree-daa makes 99".

The Boss is getting worried he's going to have to hire the D**liner so
he says, "All right, last question. Same rules but this time use 100."

P**dy stares into space again, then picks up the picture once more,
makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Dare ye arre, buddy, a hunnert."

The Boss looks at the picture for a moment and says, "You must be nuts
if you think that represents 100!"

D**lin P**dy leans forward and points to the mark at the base of the
trees.

"See der? Well a little feckin' doggie comes along and takes a shoite on each a dem trees, so now ya got dirty tree an' a turd, dirty tree an' a turd, dirty tree an' a turd-which makes a hunnert. Feckin' roit it does!!!

When do I feckin' start?"

:D

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an I***hman were without tickets for the opening ceremonies of the summer Olympics but hoped to be able to talk their way in at the gate. Security was very tight, however, and each of their attempts was met with a stern refusal.

While wandering around outside the stadium, the Englishman came upon construction site, which gave him an idea. Grabbing a length of scaffolding, he presented himself at the gate and said, "Johnson, the pole vault," and was admitted.

The Scotsman, overhearing this, went at once to search the site. When he came up with a sledge hammer, he presented himself at the gate and said, "McTavish, the hammer." He was also admitted.

The I***hman combed the site for an hour and was nearly ready to give up when he spotted his ticket in. Seizing a roll of barbed wire, he presented himself at the gate and announced, "O'Sullivan, fencing."

Back