Holiday accessories

Currently reading:
Holiday accessories

dave said:
10.jpg

I thought they were v*****l/ a**l love balls too :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
On a serious note, the best accessory for a long haul flight in my experience is a neck pillow, as posted above by Turboned. I found them to be the single best thing for the tedium of a long flight as they stop your head from flopping around when you are trying to get some sleep.

Then again, if this is your first big flight you'll probably be so excited that you'll be awake through the whole flight! Don't worry though, do a few more long hauls and it will soon become tedious :sleep: :p

If your going on Singapore airlines, you won't be bored or hungry. They have fantastic entertainment systems, films, 1/2 hour comedy shows, news channels, games (you get a little joy pad in the remote control) and the best thing is the flight info page telling you how high, fast you are flying and also a map showing where you are and how long left to go.

They feed you all the time and you even get a "movie box" with popcorn, chocolate.

I would take a few bottles of mineral water as they only give you small cups of water and you have to ask for them. The neck cushion is also really good.

Singapore is a great place, very safe and the people are very polite.

I think chewing gum is also banned still unless you have a prescription for gum to help stop smoking.

turboned said:
condoms....you know why.....:devil:

No don't carry condoms - local Customs will think you're a stuffer or a swallower. The fickle finger of fate could pass your way!:eek:

1986Uno45S said:
On a serious note, the best accessory for a long haul flight in my experience is a neck pillow, as posted above by Turboned. I found them to be the single best thing for the tedium of a long flight as they stop your head from flopping around when you are trying to get some sleep.

Then again, if this is your first big flight you'll probably be so excited that you'll be awake through the whole flight! Don't worry though, do a few more long hauls and it will soon become tedious :sleep: :p

spank u!!, i am just worried about getting there in one piece!!, u no what I mean there is no novelty value about this one.

tbh i wasn't thinking about a travel pillow, but good idea!!!, i want to be unconcious for as long as possible!!, i want it to be a distant memory!!

thanks for the tip(y)

its so exciting looked on the website last nite n saw my plane and where i am gona sit!!!, oh i can't wait:D

anybody got any other tips all welcome:cool:

How about some hard-boiled sweets to suck, for when your ears start popping.

As for luggage allowance, it will be shown on your air-ticket - you tend to get more on scheduled flights, than charters.

charmed103 said:
spank u!!, i am just worried about getting there in one piece!!, u no what I mean there is no novelty value about this one.

tbh i wasn't thinking about a travel pillow, but good idea!!!, i want to be unconcious for as long as possible!!, i want it to be a distant memory!!

thanks for the tip(y)

its so exciting looked on the website last nite n saw my plane and where i am gona sit!!!, oh i can't wait:D

anybody got any other tips all welcome:cool:

Ok, so if you're not looking forward to flying here are a few more tips.

First of all, flying is statistically the safest form of transport, so forget all about not getting there in one piece. You're more likely to get killed by crossing the road than you are flying to Singapore :rolleyes:

Warning - DON'T get drunk before you board the plane. The airline can (and often will) refuse to let you fly if you are 'intoxicated'. On the flight itself you can only consume so much alcohol as served by the trolley dollies. So forget about buying loads of booze on the flight to get drunk.

Long haul flights are tedious and boring. The films can help while away a few hours, and they do constantly feed you but at the end of the day you are stuck in an aircraft cabin for hours on end. A good book can be helpful, but make it a long one else you'll finish it before you're half way through the flight!

If you have a laptop with loads of stuff to use/ play on it, take that. A Walkman/ MP3 player can also help, but after 10 hours your ears will get a bit numb :p

Last year I flew to Los Angeles (11 hours), and unintentionally I only had 5 hours sleep over the three days prior to the flight. Though I was absolutely knackered by the time I got to Heathrow, the best thing was that I slept most of the flight! So try and stay awake the night before you leave and you'll have more chance of sleeping during the flight.

Other than that, just make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the airport for checking in. Nothing worse than the last minute packing and rushing to beat the departure gate final call!

And enjoy the trip (y)

And enjoy the trip (y)[/QUOTE]

i will do fanks!!!

i am not gona get drunk no worries there, i need to have my single marble with me as travelling alone:cry:

will invest in a travel pillow n stuff, its just so confusing!!!!, its the rest of the trip as well, cos land in singapore n then travel on2 perth thats another 5 hours in the air n 2 in the airport:cry:

i will take an mp3 player with me as well as another distraction, but as i said b4 i my flight leaves at 10pm so if like u say i stay awake i hope I will sleep, i am gona get to heathrow about 4, cos then when the bus I am going on gets in so plenty of time b4 i am due to fly, have ordred some book s off amazon to take with me, cos i don;t really do much tv.

i just checked on the quantas website and this is what is says about travel, cal me think, waits for the insults, but what the fcuk does this mean:confused:

For the safety and comfort of all our customers, and to ensure compliance with Civil Aviation Safety Authority Regulations, it is necessary to limit the size, weight and number of each customers carry on baggage.

Carry on baggage should be kept as light as possible, at some airports there are considerable distances to walk upon arrival or departure. However, you should carry fragile and valuable items, such as electronic equipment (including laptops, mobile phones), cameras, cash, keys and jewellery etc. in your carry on baggage. You should also take any essential medication and prescriptions on board with you.

A charge will apply for any baggage carried in excess of the free allowance. Additional collection rates vary depending on the destination.

Personal articles such as an overcoat, handbag, umbrella, walking stick, small camera, duty free items and some reading matter for the flight may be carried in the cabin.

Be sure to label baggage inside and out, with your name, address and contact number for your destination. Labels can be obtained from Qantas, your local travel agent or at
check-in.

Passengers (except infants) on Qantas are allowed the following carry on baggage:

Route Piece Allowance & Dimensions Weight Allowance
Australian and New Zealand Domestic All Classes:
2 x 105cm (41in) bags or
1 x 105cm (41in) bag plus 1 x 185cm (73in) non rigid garment bag or
1 x 115cm (45in) bag 7kg (15lbs) per piece
Dash 8 1 x 105cm (41in) bag 4kg (9lbs) total
All International First/Business:
2 x 115cm (45in) bags or
1 x 115cm (45in) bag plus 1 x 185cm (73in) non rigid garment bag
Economy:
1 x 115cm (45in) bag or
1 x 185cm (73in) non rigid garment bag 7kg (15lbs) per piece

Note: USA exception
Carry on baggage limits have changed for passengers travelling within and from the US, due to government regulations. Passengers may only carry on one bag plus a personal item - such as a purse, briefcase, backpack or similar - per passenger. Medical assistance items (crutches, wheelchairs, etc) are exempt from this requirement. These limits are strictly enforced at all airport security checkpoints and on board departing Qantas flights. This new limitation only impacts on the allowance for First and Business Class customers. Economy Class limits are unaffected.

Baggage Dimensions

Total dimensions are measured by adding together the length, height and depth of the bag.

Note: Stowage limitations may apply on some QantasLink operated services.

Length Height Depth Total
48cm (19in) + 34cm (13in) + 23cm (9in) = 105cm (41in)
56cm (22in) + 36cm (14in) + 23cm (9in) = 115cm (45in)
60cm (24in) + 114cm (45in) + 11cm (4in) = 185cm (73in)

All Flights
In addition to the carry on baggage referred to above, the following items may be carried free of charge:

Infants food for consumption in flight and infants carry basket*,
A fully collapsible wheelchair* and/or a pair of crutches and/or walking stick and/or other prosthetic device for you if you are dependent on them.
* Infants carry baskets and wheelchairs may be used to board the aircraft, then will be stowed in the aircraft hold.
Laptop computers are a special item, which may be carried as carry on baggage subject to a number of conditions. They:

Must conform to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations
Must be totally noiseless. (Use of printers inflight will not be permitted)
Must not be used during take-off and landing
Must not interface with the aircraft's power supply; and
Are subject to x-ray inspections on departure
At Australian international and domestic terminals laptop computers will be subject to an additional security check. Before x-raying, the laptop computer must be removed from its carry case. All items will then be x-rayed separately. If the screener is unable to satisfy that the computer does not contain a weapon or explosive device, it is to be subjected to trace detection.

In terms of carry on baggage allowance, laptop computers and small video camera units constitute one carry on bag equivalent.

:cry: confused, help me out here, all i wanted was a number in weight so i have an idea:bang:

help!!!

Have plenty of water as you will dehydrate due to less air pressure (aircraft pressurised to equivalent of 9 000 to 10 000 feet) don't have fizzy water as the gas will bloat you and at the lower pressure more risk of farting in your sleep ( you'll be afraid of falling asleep then just in case!). Neck cushion really good idea. Tense/clench/relax muscles in your legs, stomach, shoulders and get up to walk about a bit. Slippers/socks as you desire but not one of those 'big slippers' described by Billy Connolly! Alcohol not good as it dehydrates you and under air law the captain of the aircraft should not let you fly if you're drunk. If you wear contacts take them out and wear glasses which you can take off if you want to sleep/doze. Trust me I'm a Physicist and a pilot too!

p.s. don't forget your passport and tickets.

Have a nice time!

:)

If your flying alone the thing to worry about is who you sit next to. They could be huge and take up all the space or one of those people who will talk the entire trip and offer you hard boiled sweets all the time (happened to me).

Keep an eye out when you check in :)

think most of the essentials have been covered but as a nervous flyer myself i can also recommend this
its a herbal thing and tastes :yuck: but is great for nerves. it was recommended by the pharmacist at boots and its my best friend when it comes to the day before my flights.

anyway enjoy your trip :)

sportingsmissus said:
think most of the essentials have been covered but as a nervous flyer myself i can also recommend this
its a herbal thing and tastes :yuck: but is great for nerves. it was recommended by the pharmacist at boots and its my best friend when it comes to the day before my flights.

anyway enjoy your trip :)

fanks!!!!:cool:

armoore said:
Have plenty of water as you will dehydrate due to less air pressure (aircraft pressurised to equivalent of 9 000 to 10 000 feet) don't have fizzy water as the gas will bloat you and at the lower pressure more risk of farting in your sleep ( you'll be afraid of falling asleep then just in case!). Neck cushion really good idea. Tense/clench/relax muscles in your legs, stomach, shoulders and get up to walk about a bit. Slippers/socks as you desire but not one of those 'big slippers' described by Billy Connolly! Alcohol not good as it dehydrates you and under air law the captain of the aircraft should not let you fly if you're drunk. If you wear contacts take them out and wear glasses which you can take off if you want to sleep/doze. Trust me I'm a Physicist and a pilot too!

p.s. don't forget your passport and tickets.

Have a nice time!

:)

oooh your clever bunny!!!

thanks for the tips:)

i been saving for this for ages and ooh am i gona make the most of it:D

Back