General hit a kerb

Currently reading:
General hit a kerb

Not having much luck with this car lately, had to swerve to avoid a car that braked hard in the rain last night and hit a kerb, its one of those kerbs in the middle of dual carriageways with a slight slope inward... hit it at about 35 straight on, both drivers side wheels went over it.

If there was some serious damage I would notice it straight away wouldn't i? I have had a look and the front wheel has a mark on the trim and a bit of rubber has came off the sidewall... the car drives just the same as before, am I just very lucky?

i did this in my R reg Mk1 several years ago and burst the tyre and that was only misjudging a 6'6'' gap thingy so on a duel carridgeway your really lucky - i agree new tyres if it's got a rip
also ask them if it's worth moving the front passenger tyre to the rear and then having 2 new front tyres as i think the front ones get more wear!

I hit a kerb whilst messing around in snow, hit one wheel and it was at an angle cars been ok but buckled my wheel can't really tell untill hitting 70mph ish when it starts vibrating

Put the spare wheel on or dont use the car until you fit the new wheels/ new tyre. :eek:

Damage like that can allow the tyre to explode and then you'll be into a tree or under an HGV. (n)

Sounds like you were lucky to hit square on. I once did a similar thing on ice but hit with one wheel at an angle. It smashed the suspension and drive shaft - and I was only doing 7 or 8 mph!!! Tyre was ok though :(

Back