General Highest mileage new panda

Currently reading:
General Highest mileage new panda

Aye, but they never go any further than the hairdressers.

There are some TA's there with over 100k, at least one of which has had no significant problems at all.

There have been both uniair and DMF failures reported quite frequently, sometimes after as little as 20k. Neither is a cheap repair; DMF failure is particularly worrying since running clearances are tight and there is a considerable risk of collateral damage to the housings. There have also been a smaller number of turbocharger issues.

It's definitely not as durable as the 1.2.

Personally, I'd only consider a TA if buying new and planning to trade away after the first 3-4 years. Sionce buying new is no longer an option, I wouldn't consider one at all.

Last edited:
Twinair 4x4 with 91k. New DMF and clutch at 60k but only routine consumables other than that and still running well
Do you mind me asking how much the DMF and clutch was and what the symptoms were?
I'm looking at Twin Air 4x4s and the ones in my price range have relatively high mileages.

Spike

Friend of my daughters had a twinair 500C. I suggested that 125000 was a good time to trade it on... AT 120,000 it had a clutch and a full service. At 125000 it expired. I said 'told you so'. It later transpired that the failure was due to a rag having entered the engine and eventually blocked the oil pickup. The garage did replace the engine and as far as I know its still going strong some 3 or 4 years later.. I am sure if maintained these will go on fine for a long time. Trouble is second hand you just don't know if they have really been looked after and like any second hand car its a considered gamble. There are plenty for sale at 90K and most reported running well.

My logic for having a TA is that Fiat are one of the longest standing producers of 2 cylinder ICE cars and should be able to do a decent job. Current one is now at just 8K and is running well as you would expect.

Buying a highish miles car needs care, but does not need to be a money eater.

Do you mind me asking how much the DMF and clutch was and what the symptoms were?
I'm looking at Twin Air 4x4s and the ones in my price range have relatively high mileages.

Spike
It’s a long job as the front of the car has to be disassembled. I think it was about £400 a couple of years ago

Back