Technical high revs and occassional rev hunting

Currently reading:
Technical high revs and occassional rev hunting

daccass

My punto mk1 75sx (97) is suffering from high revs around 1500rpm and every now and then hunts between 1500 and 2000 rpm. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I'm getting well annoyed with it:bang:

hi, punto_jr_75sx has similar probs ill see if he has sorted his prob and get him to contact you , when my cinq had high revs i found that the breather pipe on the carb was leaking, not sure if the 75's have the same breather pipe as the cinq but worth a look

Possibly a defective Throttle Potentiometer Sensor. Get your multimeter out and check the voltage going back to the ECU. I'm not sure what injection systems being used but either way the voltage should glide smoothly from 5 volts down to about 0.6 or 0.6 up to 5 (depending on system) when the throttle is opened.

alfa_v6 said:
Possibly a defective Throttle Potentiometer Sensor. Get your multimeter out and check the voltage going back to the ECU. I'm not sure what injection systems being used but either way the voltage should glide smoothly from 5 volts down to about 0.6 or 0.6 up to 5 (depending on system) when the throttle is opened.

I have the same problem with my 95 punto, i took it up the fiat garage, because i had the red light going on and off telling me there was a problem, and they said that it was the throttle potentiometer, they said to bring the car back when the light stays on??! :rolleyes:

So what am i supposed to do? wait til the car konks out? :bang:

Its up to you really you could keep driving untill it gives up on you or have it changed. Its really easy to change so your prob best just doing it yourself.

Yup i have the same problem :( Mines getting really bad, its making it so that the car wont start now and again, and it will rev up to 3k sometimes, but other times it wont. The injector light comes on every now and again too, its not something i want to ignore and continue driving with either, which sensor is the potentiometer? as in, its on the TB isnt it?

Thanks,

Jordan

I cant remember exactly where it is as i havnt seen under the bonnet of a punto in ages but it'll be where the air intake is, so yes on the throttle boy!

Back