General High coolant?

Currently reading:
General High coolant?

MrGriff

I recently had that warning, and it caused the car to stop running. It felt similiar to when two coils needed replacing (car is heavy under acceleration like it doesn't want to go) then just conks out. Now that I have a flat battery too from constant alarms (was broken into and I couldn't repair the window till recently) i'm a bit stuck with what to do :(

I was told it could be the butterfly valve, any other suggestions? As it's a 2002 it could also be the ECU just needs resetting. I have spent a lot of money so far so i'm really hoping this will be the last problem in a while...

Its a 1.6, and I meant high coolant temperature yes. Money spent was on a two coils, general look at the wiring to see why I had the airbag failure, engine fault etc. Been to a garage many times with various electrical problems. Also ABS/ASR and fuel sensor fault came up so I was told i'd need a new fuel sensor.

Fiat charged about £200 for the coil job which was just a joke, about £70 for the wiring check, over £130 for a new fuel sensor. Everytime it goes there something happens to the engine/electrics shortly after.

Any help is really appreciated.

Last edited:
It sounds like you actually DID have high coolant temperature. Do you think that was possible? Was it overheating? Did the radiator cooling fan not operate perhaps? Your engine will start to seize and feel reluctant to go when it overheats. Did your eng temp gauge go high?
Hope not, but does that sound as if that's what you experienced

ABS/ASR and fuel sensor come up when you have low voltage at start up ie just a low state battery. I've had those loads of times when battery is in a low state of charge.

Last edited:
I can't remember exactly if the actual temperature guage moved, but I remember the warning light nearby being on. So assuming it is a real fault with overheating, what can I do or should I just get it to a garage fast?

Back