Technical "High coolant temperature" and radio turning on and off

Currently reading:
Technical "High coolant temperature" and radio turning on and off

fiatritmo

Rust never sleeps
My 1.6 Stilo has recently had its catalytic converter replaced with a used one. Since then, I seem to get the "High coolant temperature" warning intermittently every now and then while driving - it shows up, is present for a few seconds, then the car goes back to normal. I've found that the easiest way to reproduce it is to drive the car fast over speed bumps, that seems to trigger it most of the time.

Also, I've noticed that the radio appears to turn itself on and off out of the blue now, last time it happened was at the same time as I got the "High coolant temperature" warning.

I've read some of the threads here about people getting the "High coolant temperature" error when they start the car, and that this suggests a bad/old battery. However, I experience it while driving and never while starting it.

I'm thinking that there may be a loose connection somewhere. Could it be as simple as a loose battery terminal? (I've had a quick look at them and they seem to be fine, but not 100 % sure.) Or a loose wire/earth of some kind? Any idea where to look, in that case? Any other ideas as to what might be causing this problem? The connector to the engine temp sensor also looks OK as far as I can tell.

(By the way, the engine ECU was replaced less than 3 years ago with a brand new one, so wouldn't think that was the culprit.)

Now I also experience the climate control fan cutting out when this happens (it might have happened before, as well, but I've probably not noticed).

Nobody has any idea what might be causing this?

Back