Hidden surprises in a car you've bought?

Currently reading:
Hidden surprises in a car you've bought?

SeicentoKev

Well today I decided I might as well get a pair of decent speakers for my Punto Mk 1, knew the fronts were 4" speakers as standard, so didn't think to check, went out, got some speakers to replace the standard ones with, unscrewed the mesh cover/grill over the speakers to discover what were definately not standard speakers, turned out its a pair of Pioneer Dual cone TS-G series speakers in there (y). So the new 4" speakers are now being relegated to replace the back speakers.

Was a nice surprise considering theres so many little niggles with the car to have a small bonus. Someone must've forgotten to take them out.

Anyone else been lucky enough to find something worthwhile in a second hand car they've bought?

Kev

they the yellow ones?

I sold my old sei with decent pioneer speakers (cost me 60-70!) because once you snip the original plugs off, its practically impossible accesswise to get them back on and refit the standard speakers :p

they the yellow ones?

I sold my old sei with decent pioneer speakers (cost me 60-70!) because once you snip the original plugs off, its practically impossible accesswise to get them back on and refit the standard speakers :p

Well the current model of them are yellow yup :D. The ones that were left must be an older pair because they're basically silvery mirrors.

my first free volvo the red turbo one had about £15 in change under and in various crevases in the drivers seat, most of it sticky, but desperatly needed to keep the thing fueled up:p

erm the 2nd free one (a 244) had a near brand new bottle jack hiding in the boot recess.

I got a free cassette in the 3rd one, which now lives in mongolia. it was now 43 or somesuch, pretty terrible.

my current punto grew maggots in the steering column, now their gone thankgod

I know this sound stupid.. but i only found my cd changer today after realising in the book that the dash flips up to reveal it.... had the car 3 days!! phew glad i didnt win one on ebay!!

fiats.. full of suprises

my 75 had a haynes manual :)

my gt, well, i was expecting a battered old standard punto, when it turned up, had sony speakers, infinity speakers, the rear seats and footwells filled with empty lucizade (sp?) bottles lol, dtm exhaust, slammed on its arse, 16" alloys, smoothed bonnet, smoothed boot, colour coded bits, bailey dump valve, samco hoses, expensive clifford alarm, spoiler- well impressed :cool: lol

my sporting, some old reciepts, spare fuel cap think that was it :(

Wasnt me but Pete (serin) found a lovely suprise in the boot of his new cinq at mine the other day :D 3 pairs of boxer shorts :yuck:

I think there still in my wheelie bin

yes, they wernt nice.... :yuck:

i also found a set of jump leads, a warning triangle and some silver polish :D

and inside i found some random Countryside (not Country, CountrySIDE!) cassette tapes in the door pockets. AND the Original Fiat tape that you got with your new car :) hosted by that bloke outta the Good Life (y)

and a window scrapper :p

and a bill for a £4.43 for someones in Yorkshires lunch :confused:

My mum bought a car off eBay. I was nosing around in the car, once we parked it up on the prom and admiring our buy. I found a this squidgy eye thing in the back of the drivers seat "cr*p holder" I stood on it and the inside of the toy went all over a pair of £40 heels and £90 suit trousers :cry: Came out though!

In my uno I found a fag lighter and ash try with about £4 in

Sei I found a pen knife and screwdriver in the engine bay

Punto I found that there was no bulb in the boot light :mad:

12 ball shotgun cartridge under the passenger seat of a Citroen I once bought. Possibly meant to ward off the hoodies and chavs in Central London:D

Back