hi

Currently reading:
hi

gazzauk

Hi just took the leep and bought a 2001 td multipla , it the first fiat ive owned and so , any advice on what to look out for mechanically ie . engine ,gbox , suspension problems ,would be very much appreciated. I hope this car will be a bit more reliable than the freelander i traded in for it.The multipla is the sx model has full service history and has covered 49000 miles.The car drives great and you cant really tell its a diesel until its at idle when it sounded like a taxi, i tested 3 before buying this one and all sounded the same pls tell me this is normal.

gazzauk said:
Hi just took the leep and bought a 2001 td multipla , it the first fiat ive owned and so , any advice on what to look out for mechanically ie . engine ,gbox , suspension problems ,would be very much appreciated. I hope this car will be a bit more reliable than the freelander i traded in for it.The multipla is the sx model has full service history and has covered 49000 miles.The car drives great and you cant really tell its a diesel until its at idle when it sounded like a taxi, i tested 3 before buying this one and all sounded the same pls tell me this is normal.

If you mean a diesel taxi then yes they all sound like that :)

A post in the multipla section will make yourself feel welcome even more. :D

The JTD is a pretty solid engine and a good towing machine and with a FSH it should stand you in good stead for a long time of happy motoring. (y)

Obviously if its not had a recent service maybe a good idea to get one for peace of mind. Has it had a cambelt change? Dont know what the multipla cambelt limit is.

Welcome to the forum :slayer:

Hi and welcome i can remember seeing a test on people carriers think it was top gear and Clarkson did the comparison and the Multipla came out TOP so a good buy me think (y)

Back