Uno Hi to all Fiat owners.

Currently reading:
Uno Hi to all Fiat owners.

Skyespirit

I have a Uno Fire 1100. Bought it recently and decided to install a 1.2 Palio engine with injection...

Hi and welcome, good to see yet another person who likes experimenting with things on here (y)

Wonder if the 1.4 turbo engine as used in Abarths, Alfas, etc would fit under your bonnet too, with an aftermarket ecu? ;)

Hi and welcome, good to see yet another person who likes experimenting with things on here (y)

Wonder if the 1.4 turbo engine as used in Abarths, Alfas, etc would fit under your bonnet too, with an aftermarket ecu? ;)
As a matter of fact, I have an Alfa Romeo 145 2.l 16v Ts also. Was actually looking at fitting a spare motot I got into the Uno. It looks like it could fit but I will have to change the gear ratios inside the Uno gearbox as the Alfa box is too bulky. Looks the same and works with the same linkage system too!! I decided against doing that because of safety issues. I.e. Brake system won't handle the additional horses and also the suspension is way too light. Will have to add anti roll bar frt & rear plus upgrade the brake system front and back. Too much for the tiny Uno

Shame you've not got an old Tipo knocking about, since that shares the same floorpan / chassis design as the Alfa 916 GTV / 147 GTA you could in theory shoehorn the Busso v6 under the bonnet :D

I was thinking more of the little 1.4 turbo motor as used in the Mito, Giulietta, 500 Abarth, etc. It's a tiny little thing with between 135-195 bhp out of the box and I reckon with a little fabrication (and a lot of electronics) you could even fit the entire front subframe under a Uno.

I'm pretty much sticking to tried and tested things with my little Abarth 595 thingy at the moment, but things might get more wild and wacky as time goes on, if I don't use it very much and have the spare time to play a bit.

Last edited:
Shame you've not got an old Tipo knocking about, since that shares the same floorpan / chassis design as the Alfa 916 GTV / 147 GTA you could in theory shoehorn the Busso v6 under the bonnet :D

I was thinking more of the little 1.4 turbo motor as used in the Mito, Giulietta, 500 Abarth, etc. It's a tiny little thing with between 135-195 bhp out of the box and I reckon with a little fabrication (and a lot of electronics) you could even fit the entire front subframe under a Uno.

I'm pretty much sticking to tried and tested things with my little Abarth 595 thingy at the moment, but things might get more wild and wacky as time goes on, if I don't use it very much and have the spare time to play a bit.
You are so enthusiastic for this work. Your passion roars in your conversation.

Back