Hi people

Currently reading:
Hi people

Metro_vvc

Just found the forum and thought id say hi :)

Ive just bought my first uno turbo mk1 in red to play about with, it has a problem with the clutch/gearbox which i will sort out when i can get in my garage, its in real clean condtion with it having a full body respray last year with new graphics ect and a complete goin over the engine. Its fairly standard with it just having a second intercooler, dumpvalve, k&n, adjustable boost and a full stainless and its lowered on 15's tsw razors.

Does anybody know what the performance of these cars are to 0-60 and the quarter mile, top speed ect so i can compare it to my metro.

Anyway nice site

Rob

Hi and welcome you need to talk to Ghost WKD hes done the 0 to 60 and the quarter at the pod (y)

cheers for the welcomes:)

The metro started life as a 1.4 mpi gti and has a (143bhp)mgf 1.8 vvc engine put in with a few mods ie headwork and breathing mods to make it around 170bhp will run a quarter mile in just under 14 secs if you can get the power down and will do around 140mph and 0-60 in around 6 secs.

The engine is out of the car at the moment so i can modify the subframe to accept a lsd box from a rover brm.

Attachments

• IM000212.jpg
    IM000212.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 15
And there's everyone laughing at me when I was considering getting a R100 1400 with the intention of putting an 1800 in it later on :p

Just collected the uno heres a few pics, it needs a good clean as its been standing :)

And the gearbox is ok as i went under the car with a tourch when i got home to find a drive shaft had come loose and popped out so after 20 mins of puttin it back in it drive and runs and boosts up fine:D

Attachments

• IM000237.JPG
    IM000237.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IM000239.JPG
    IM000239.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IM000244.JPG
    IM000244.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IM000245.JPG
    IM000245.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IM000247.JPG
    IM000247.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 13
6 secs to 60? That would be mental. 14sec quarter is debatable tho. Coupe is 6 secs to 60 and 14.5 quarter. I dont see the metro doin 14 secs dude.

Ross

h2ypr said:
6 secs to 60? That would be mental. 14sec quarter is debatable tho. Coupe is 6 secs to 60 and 14.5 quarter. I dont see the metro doin 14 secs dude.

Ross

What coupe you have?

This metro will do a 14 second quarter mile if its dry, ive got a vid of a mates whos is standard vvc 150bhp and that does it in 14.5

Im going to host the vid and put it up:D

http://sql1.nxgn-ltd.com/black/iparkes.wmv

Head work

Reprofiled kent cam (271)

32.5mm inlet valve

28.5mm exhaust valve

Modified valve guides

Fully gas flowed and ported

3 angle cut valves

Last edited:
Yes! 170BHP in a metro! that's ace :D

Don't listen to Ross he likes to doubt anything that is as fast as his coupe :D I can see a 170 brake Metro cracking 14.5 to the 1/4 they weigh about as much as Ross's wedding tackle.

:D :D :D

IM just curious. Power to weight is a big issue! And its in ur favour!!! Lets see some vids....... and hell yes on the headwork.....esp those cams... must be very "race only"? I had piper reprofiled on my rover and it wasnt as harsh as 271...

Ross

h2ypr said:
IM just curious. Power to weight is a big issue! And its in ur favour!!! Lets see some vids....... and hell yes on the headwork.....esp those cams... must be very "race only"? I had piper reprofiled on my rover and it wasnt as harsh as 271...

Ross

Its not a every day car but it aint a race only, its been a project of mine for some years, its abit of a showcar as it got restored to its original condtion then came the engine/tuning and it also has lots of 1 off parts like custom samcos and polished header/washer tanks and lots of other stuff which you carnt buy of the shelf.

The cam is quite harsh but it was the choice of the chap who built the head.

The weight plays a big factor with a standard gti only weighing just 845kg, the downside is trying to get the power down.

Heres a vid on my mates 150bhp vvc http://sql1.nxgn-ltd.com/black/iparkes.wmv

Anno..... although the terminal time is slower innit? What does that mean again? That over the distance the car with the better terminal time would win? Is that right? :confused:

Ross

h2ypr said:
Anno..... although the terminal time is slower innit? What does that mean again? That over the distance the car with the better terminal time would win? Is that right? :confused:

Ross

Having a faster terminal speed indicates that the car is accelerating faster than the other car!! Case in point, Mavric on the other forum ran a 11.94 in his coupe on the 'pod, I can't remember what his terminal was but let's say for argument's sake it was 112, There was a S'charged honda civic that was running about a 12 sec flat 1/4 mile, yet it's terminals were 124mph :eek: that indicates that either his launch technique is poor, or traction is a problem, as he was doing 12mph faster than Mavric at the end of the strip!

The coupe is obviously going to be the faster car from 100 onwards but that's to be expected, it has 50BHP more than the Metro VVC and is aerodynamic whereas the metro was never designed to top 100 :p

Back