General Hi newbie with question about DRL bulb replacement,manual is wrong!

Currently reading:
General Hi newbie with question about DRL bulb replacement,manual is wrong!

joe2258

Hi just joined today ,have had a 500 L since nov 2013 on motability,1.3 pop diesel automatic,in white, and was looking to replace the drl bulbs with led ones,but could not find out the type of bulb,so thought right,take out original bulb and check it,so looked at fiat manual and it says to remove bulb take off panel under wheel arch,pull off rubber cover,and turn bulb holder CLOCKWISE,but wouldn't budge,so after a few skint fingers,thought this cant be right,so turned holder anti clockwise,and result bulb holder came out,so has any one else noticed this mistake in fiat manual about drl bulb removal,or is it just me,also thought DRL bulb was the PY21 type,but it is actually a W21 5W wedge type bulb if that helps anybody else, seen a nice pair of led ones that should fit on ebay,and they are canbus as well so should not give any errors on dashboard, looking forward to reading any reples ,thanks in advance to all on here.

Hi just joined today ,have had a 500 L since nov 2013 on motability,1.3 pop diesel automatic,in white, and was looking to replace the drl bulbs with led ones,but could not find out the type of bulb,so thought right,take out original bulb and check it,so looked at fiat manual and it says to remove bulb take off panel under wheel arch,pull off rubber cover,and turn bulb holder CLOCKWISE,but wouldn't budge,so after a few skint fingers,thought this cant be right,so turned holder anti clockwise,and result bulb holder came out,so has any one else noticed this mistake in fiat manual about drl bulb removal,or is it just me,also thought DRL bulb was the PY21 type,but it is actually a W21 5W wedge type bulb if that helps anybody else, seen a nice pair of led ones that should fit on ebay,and they are canbus as well so should not give any errors on dashboard, looking forward to reading any reples ,thanks in advance to all on here.

Welcome to the forum!

I can't specifically answer your question as to any error in the manual (as I haven't got access to it at the mo) but it does seem counter intuitive to me to remove something like a bulb holder by turning it clockwise.

Anti clockwise to remove, clockwise to replace seems much more logical to me. So it would seem there is indeed a misprint in the manual.

Let us know how you get on with your new bulbs and if they do throw any errors (which of course they shouldn't do)

Back