Ducato Hi Hello Fiat Ducato 2003

Currently reading:
Ducato Hi Hello Fiat Ducato 2003

Dangrade

Hi I am trying to find out how to remove the cigarette lighter and replace with USB . But unable to remove that section of the dashboard

Hi Dangrade,

OK year is 2003 but is it an x230, or an x244? The x244 facelift was introduced in 2002, but if a PVC or MH it could still be an x230. Please check the first three numbers of your VIN number, either on the vehicle plate, or in the registration document (V5C).

I use one of these for simple USB charging, No problems, but perhaps you are meaning USB "C"?

I can supply details for access on an x244 model, but if your vehicle is an x230, I do not wish to cause confusion..

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi Dangrade,

OK year is 2003 but is it an x230, or an x244? The x244 facelift was introduced in 2002, but if a PVC or MH it could still be an x230. Please check the first three numbers of your VIN number, either on the vehicle plate, or in the registration document (V5C).

I use one of these for simple USB charging, No problems, but perhaps you are meaning USB "C"?

I can supply details for access on an x244 model, but if your vehicle is an x230, I do not wish to cause confusion..
Morning,

Apologies for the old thread resurrection, but I found it while searching and it covers the subject I was searching for.

I would be grateful if you could give me any assistance in accessing the cigarette lighter. My van is the x244 LHD.
I want to get to the upper socket, closest to the steering wheel, to remove it and replace with one of the "twist lock" variety.
Thanks

In eLearn the use of a special tool is suggested when removing the cigarette lighter socket. See here, destructive removal may be possible without the tool. No special access is suggested, but without the tool??????

On a RHD x244 it is possible to gain access by removing the glove box, or LH lower dash, and gaining access from the side.

However on a LHD I think that the gear lever mounting may obstruct access to the lighter socket. A possible alternative method would be by removing the aircon control facia. This involves removing document holder, radio, switch control panel, drinks holder, ash tray,and rectangular external air control knob.

For LH lower dash removal see here, and for the aircon panel see here.

Please what is the "twist lock" variety. Please elicidate.

Last edited:
Thank you.

The gear lever housing is indeed an obstruction and the dismantling you describe is something I'd hoped I might avoid!
It's not really a problem to remove the existing lighter socket, but I will need access to the rear to tighten the new one in place.
More thinking required.

So by "twist lock", do I infer screw threaded or similar? If you are wanting USB charging facilities, then as suggeted earlir inthis thread, consider an adapter.

This is the type of thing

I find that often the USB adapter is loose in the socket, sometimes without me noticing, resulting in a discharged device.
This has recesses on the inside which "grip" the adapter and keep it in place.

IMG_20220721_113857.jpgthanks for help. It's done now
IMG_20220721_113857.jpg

Back