Seicento Hi folks hoping you guys can help me

Currently reading:
Seicento Hi folks hoping you guys can help me

Keefymonoped

Firstly I want to admit that I dont own a Fiat, however my Mother in Law has an 02 Seicento. This is how I happen to come here looking for good advice. Her car is in desperate need of TLC but spares for this vehicle seem to be very rare in the 2nd hand market, I was kind of hoping that you folks could suggest places where they break these cars. The full rear suspension needs replacing, arms, cross beam, shocks, springs, brake carriers and hubs but sourcing these seems to be a bit of a nightmare. Any help/suggestions gretfully accepted.
regards
Keith

Hi thanks for the reply, I'm near Hull all of the local breakers do not have any of these cars, one even said to me on the phone "are there any of them left" and he was serious! Since posting this I have managed to find one place near Burnley and I have been able to get the full back end of the car for £120 delivered. The parts are serviceable judging by the photographs and a good rub down, treat, paint and under seal on them should be sufficient to keep the car going for a few more years. I know very little about Fiats having never owned one but I found this search for parts very frustrating to say the least. Are any parts of this model interchangeable with any of the others for future reference if I need to search for anything else.
Thanks again for your advice its much appreciated
Keith

always some breakers on ebay. The beam is the only thing i's even bother buying 2nd hand tbh. Maybe arms as they are pretty pricey new and change the bushes for new. All the rest just buy new, not like you can really get nice low mile used parts anymore and most of the parts your talking about are cheap cheap. You dont need a beam off one exactly same spec as yours, basically any rear beam off any seicento or cinquecento would do. Is the one on it really that far gone that it needs replacing? And if you have you removed form the car yet, cause if its that bad i half expect the shell to be rotten where you can't see behind its mounting points.

Thanks for the assist, the beam is quite rusty, cant see behind it yet as car is still in use, I have bought replacement beam and arms from a breakers that are in better all round condition and i'm presently refurbing these parts on the bench before replacing the lot in one go. Rear drum brake carrier/back plates are rotten on both so trying to source new replacements for them, but the rest is serviceable if I can get hold of the new parts. The rest of the car underneath looks ok, its done 50,000 miles and has only some surface rust showing in some corners that require a rub down paint and undersealing to make ok. When the old beam comes out I am hoping that its mounts are in as good a condition.

Back