Ducato Hi Fiat Forum.

Currently reading:
Ducato Hi Fiat Forum.

susane

Hi. I'm looking to hear about other Fiat owners experiences, help and hints. I have a 2016 Fiat Ducato turned into a campervan. I'm currently touring around Tasmania and I'm from the Northern Territory.

Welcome from a far. Do use the search facility and have a look through the Ducato forum section. Dont take too much fright at the content as there are more enquiries re problems than shouts of delight. Fiats are decentl;y reliable if maintained right. I have had a few and found reliability to be above the average of my motoring experience. I hope the travel goes well.

Welcome from a far. Do use the search facility and have a look through the Ducato forum section. Dont take too much fright at the content as there are more enquiries re problems than shouts of delight. Fiats are decentl;y reliable if maintained right. I have had a few and found reliability to be above the average of my motoring experience. I hope the travel goes well.
Thank you Panda Nut for your reassurances. My regrets about owning a Fiat is the rarity of Fiat mechanics in Australia (something I should have known) and the fact that other mechanics won't touch them because they don't have the diagnostic software.

Hi 👋

The MultiECUScan software will connect to your Ducato for relatively little investment..

Maybe look into having it with you :)

Charlie
Thanks, I will look into it.
I was lucky enough to find a sympathetic mechanic who looked at the vehicle and appears to have "fixed" it (temporarily, long story). I am relieved and happy and can continue to tour for now while I wait for replacement hose.
I'm a wee bit annoyed that a perished hose wasn't picked up at service 3 weeks ago. Is that unreasonable of me?

Hi again,
Unfortunately in a lot of 'time is money' workshops they have a checklist..and thats all they look at

What kind of hose..?

Drawing Air.. or Leaking Water
Drawing air. Something to do with the turbo.
I remember doing a service course a few years ago and checking the hoses was part of a service. But you are right, time is money. Trouble is is not knowing what is done or not, Cheers 😊

Thank you Panda Nut for your reassurances. My regrets about owning a Fiat is the rarity of Fiat mechanics in Australia (something I should have known) and the fact that other mechanics won't touch them because they don't have the diagnostic software.
One of my favourite things about Fiats is that they are in fact pretty simple mechanically and dont seem to require many tools for most basic jobs so you should be good.

One of my favourite things about Fiats is that they are in fact pretty simple mechanically and dont seem to require many tools for most basic jobs so you should be good.
The replacement hose I needed for my van had to be ordered from Europe with a wait time of about 12 weeks! Happily my wonderful mechanic sourced a second-hand one to keep me moving.

I dont know if you can access shop4parts.co.uk at Bradford, but I would be surprised if they wouldnt ship these to you and sort it somewhat faster. 12 weeks is a bit sad these days even with the distance involved. I did have to wait that sort of time for parts for a Malasian car but those bits went in a general shipping container of spares. The battery died while we were waiting....

I dont know if you can access shop4parts.co.uk at Bradford, but I would be surprised if they wouldnt ship these to you and sort it somewhat faster. 12 weeks is a bit sad these days even with the distance involved. I did have to wait that sort of time for parts for a Malasian car but those bits went in a general shipping container of spares. The battery died while we were waiting....
I've made a note of the website and will certainly check them out next time.
The vehicle had to have a new radiator and fan unit recently and it was the same story. Then when the fan unit finally arrived it was missing its housing.

Back