500X Hi Everyone!. Buying a used 2016 Fiat 500x trekking - 40k miles. Should I get the extended warranty? Never owned a fiat before.

Currently reading:
500X Hi Everyone!. Buying a used 2016 Fiat 500x trekking - 40k miles. Should I get the extended warranty? Never owned a fiat before.

Msha

I'm new here. Just buying a 2016 Fiat 500X trekking later today and trying to decide if I should get the extended warranty. I'm going both ways. It's an extra 61 per month but I have no really experience with Fiats other than what the internet says so I thought I would ask some experts. Thoughts?

This is always a gamble. I have had several Fiats and found them basically reliable. One required two window reulators which got me half my money back on the warranty. Our Panda 1.2 required emissions equipment that cost well over £200 so we got all put money back. Its impossible to say in any case its down to how much you value the peace of mind. I still think its worth having but read the small print not everything is covered. It will protect you form catastrophic bills on most big ticket components.. On my new Panda I paid about £500 for an extended warranty which has a year left. So far I have not needed to claim. But of course I may yet have to....

It’s a gamble either way…$61 a month seems high but, being in UK not sure what folk pay over there…it was a straight up £380 for two years extended warranty on wife’s Renegade (sister of the 500X) but we never had cause to claim for anything

If it's a manual gearbox, then anything that goes wrong with the car is likely to be niggly rather than major... and not covered by the warranty anyway.

A manual gearbox car is pretty much indestructible, if the servicing has been kept up. The bits that wear out will be "wear and tear".. so not covered by the warranty in any case.

Ralf S.

Back