Hi everybody

Currently reading:
Hi everybody

kentishbloke

Just registered on the site, despite having been reading it for nearly 3 years, back when I was trying to work out why my Cinquecento Sporting "chugged". Thanks to the forum, a new Lambda sensor soon got fitted and the problem disappeared. I have since switched to a Multipla (which my brother memorably described as "the melted toad") and joined today because I spotted somebody going through exactly the same injector light pain I went through a few weeks ago.
I've had a soft spot for Fiats since my youth - the first car I remember is my dad's Fiat 1500, which he then replaced with a Fiat 124 Coupe. What a beast that was, we lived abroad at the time and when it wasn't doing the 12-hour run from Paris to Nice my dad was terrorising the backroads of Provence with it. His catchphrase at the time was "don't tell your mother about this" as he floored it...
When I passed my test, my first car was a Lancia Beta (fiat twin-cam engined), one of the few rust-free ones. I also dabbled with an large Peugeot, an Alfa and even a VW camper until I got the Cinquecento. It was so lovely and the local garage were so good that when I needed an MPV a Multipla seemed the obvious oddball choice. When it goes, I may revert to Alfas but it's sold me on Diesels and a recent experiance with a Nissan diesel has made me realise how good the Fiat 1.9 is.

Back