500 (Abarth) Hi everybody and thank you Spud from Maidstone.

Currently reading:
500 (Abarth) Hi everybody and thank you Spud from Maidstone.

Spudone

I love my Abarth 595 of some five years but it has a problem it starts fine every time but on two occasions would not go into gear .

Hi everybody. We’ve had our Abarth 595c dualogic 21,000 miles for five years and this last year it’s had a problem of not going into gear, hot engine or cold start. We had some luck last week we had the car serviced and by luck it wouldn’t start. The service chap connected his computer to the car checked everything and it was perfect no problems at all. This made him think and he is still thinking. It seems you switch off start your engine wait for it to settle down then press the button no go, switch off and keep trying this and eventually it goes into gear behaving like normal until the next time. So don’t spend any money just wait and it will go eventually go into gear. Spud

I love my Abarth 595 of some five years but it has a problem it starts fine every time but on two occasions would not go into gear .
Hi 595 not going into gear . Switch ignition but do not start engine, wait for petrol gauge to settle and start engine , works every time? Spud.

Back