Hi doing research for a 4x4 1.3 169

Currently reading:
Hi doing research for a 4x4 1.3 169

Shermanator58

Hi people just browsing through the post doing some research before I go look at 1.3 169 09 reg at the weekend.

Any pointers/ pit falls?
I've checked the MOT history usual oil leak and centre bearing no mention of rust issues as yet.

Been wanting one for awhile now fingers crossed it's a good one.

There have been some with nearside rear sills/three quarter panels (part of sill that goes where rear door kicks up)

Hi Yorkshire my home county I'll definitely be giving it a good once over for rust thanks
Mine have been in Yorkshire all their lives and I’ve not experienced it, as yet, the only rust we’ve experienced has been on a shoddy accident damage repair!

Hi and welcome :)
Check the rear subframe very carefully - they rust from the inside out and can scrap the car as replacements aren't available:
Prop shaft bearings known to fail but not a massive job to repair.
Look out for cam chain rattle on the diesel, can fail on higher mileages if not carefully maintained. Also EGR soot build-up common on modern diesels.

Attachments

• 6287ACA9-16CC-4693-B681-6C6168897BEC.jpeg
    6287ACA9-16CC-4693-B681-6C6168897BEC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 25
Hi @Shermanator58 , when I bought mine the centre Bearing on the Prop was almost gone with regards to the rubbers, and as far as i can tell it requires a new prop as these cant be split,(at least i cant split mine) the bearing is only £34 but the whole prop is £240, so be sure to check that condition.

Hi @Shermanator58 , when I bought mine the centre Bearing on the Prop was almost gone with regards to the rubbers, and as far as i can tell it requires a new prop as these cant be split,(at least i cant split mine) the bearing is only £34 but the whole prop is £240, so be sure to check that condition.
The prop can be split easily with a slide hammer, mark the prop before splitting as it’s easier to line up wehn putting back together. I did mine off two motorhome levelling ramps, took about 15mins to take off, 5mins to split, fitting the bearing took half hour as I cleaned off everything whilst it was off and 15mins to put back on. No power tools were involved

Back