Hi all, just asked Google for help with my Panda and ended up signing on the forum. Find these forums so handy when your having problems. Cheers Gary

Currently reading:
Hi all, just asked Google for help with my Panda and ended up signing on the forum. Find these forums so handy when your having problems. Cheers Gary

Welcome…but what’s the issue with the panda, or did I miss that on a technical thread?

Hi Porta. I've been having problems with rear lights, when applying brakes the indicator keeps coming on and brake light dims on nearside. But on Google search one of the sites threads came up and gave me the answer. Just gotta wait for the weekend. Also gotta replace plastic clip that's in the runner for passenger front window. Only bought the Purple Panda last year. Fantastic little motor.👍

I also joined because of needing help with what I thought would be the start of a long and frustrating journey! The bolster part of the driver's seat had split but I would only want it replacing with exactly matching material - green vinyl, but like paint, the variations on green were endless with none anywhere an acceptable match.

So on to the Forum and already I have received a positive reply that the proper material can be sourced. Most impressive service.

I own a Twin Air Turbo Panda 4x4 -I previously had a Classic Panda 4x4 1989 with double sunroof. I bought it 3rd hand in 1997 with 40,000 and at 60,000 converted it to LPG - the tank was fixed under the boot, so lost no interior space. It was fantastic and never let me down even in deep snow and sheet ice. I was the only one where I live (on a hill) that moved in winter. Eventually the original engine gave up at 182,000 and as I had had it completely refurbed, decided to replace the engine and managed to get the last FIRE engine from Italy. I had just run it in when some ........ stole it from outside my house and it was found 3 days later burnt out in a field so no forensics. Hence the Mk4, which I love - especially the fact that there is nothing externally that says what it is apart from the 4x4 on the doors. The performance in non-eco is wonderful and surprises many hugging my bumper when I accelerate away from them. It drives around town in 4th/5th very happily and pulls in 6th at 40. I enjoy every journey in it. My sister is buying a 2019 exact same model tomorrow as her husband, who is Italian, was so impressed with mine

Hi Porta. I've been having problems with rear lights, when applying brakes the indicator keeps coming on and brake light dims on nearside.
Pretty common fault

Of the 6 light clusters on the pandas I have owned I have had to repair 4

While you doing one side I would smear some petroleum jell/Vaseline on the other sides connector to future proof it

Being purple is it a limited edition fully loaded model ?

I also joined because of needing help with what I thought would be the start of a long and frustrating journey! The bolster part of the driver's seat had split but I would only want it replacing with exactly matching material - green vinyl, but like paint, the variations on green were endless with none anywhere an acceptable match.

So on to the Forum and already I have received a positive reply that the proper material can be sourced. Most impressive service.

I own a Twin Air Turbo Panda 4x4 -I previously had a Classic Panda 4x4 1989 with double sunroof. I bought it 3rd hand in 1997 with 40,000 and at 60,000 converted it to LPG - the tank was fixed under the boot, so lost no interior space. It was fantastic and never let me down even in deep snow and sheet ice. I was the only one where I live (on a hill) that moved in winter. Eventually the original engine gave up at 182,000 and as I had had it completely refurbed, decided to replace the engine and managed to get the last FIRE engine from Italy. I had just run it in when some ........ stole it from outside my house and it was found 3 days later burnt out in a field so no forensics. Hence the Mk4, which I love - especially the fact that there is nothing externally that says what it is apart from the 4x4 on the doors. The performance in non-eco is wonderful and surprises many hugging my bumper when I accelerate away from them. It drives around town in 4th/5th very happily and pulls in 6th at 40. I enjoy every journey in it. My sister is buying a 2019 exact same model tomorrow as her husband, who is Italian, was so impressed with

Pretty common fault

While you doing one side I would smear some petroleum jell/Vaseline on the other sides connector to future proof it

Hi thanks for the advice. Truck driver so busy all week. Sorry if I don't reply straight away. Gonna do drivers window as well, weather permitting. Cheers.

Pretty common fault

Not sure, will post picture when I get chance and work out how to.

Hi Porta. I've been having problems with rear lights, when applying brakes the indicator keeps coming on and brake light dims on nearside. But on Google search one of the sites threads came up and gave me the answer. Just gotta wait for the weekend. Also gotta replace plastic clip that's in the runner for passenger front window. Only bought the Purple Panda last year. Fantastic little motor.👍
Sounds like a simple Earth fault or bulb out/not connected correctly (in the holder/socket). I’ve never had the common fault Koalar, guess I’m lucky considering it’s been discussed on here quite a lot

Sounds like a simple Earth fault or bulb out/not connected correctly (in the holder/socket). I’ve never had the common fault Koalar, guess I’m lucky considering it’s been discussed on here quite a lot
A bit of damp gets in and the surface starts to oxidises. The white powder increases the resistance

Eventually the connector gets hot and melts

I always mean to smear some petroleum jell on the connector as a preventative measure but somehow always forget.

A bit of damp gets in and the surface starts to oxidises. The white powder increases the resistance

Eventually the connector gets hot and melts

I always mean to smear some petroleum jell on the connector as a preventative measure but somehow always forget.
It’s a pretty common issue with a lot of exposed and semi exposed connectors…we have similar on the boat in the engine room and bathroom n kitchen where steam gets in (all 12v vehicle type connections, the domestic switchgear and lights/sockets etc are fine)

Back