General Hi all just a big thanks for all the posts which helped diagnose my cars probs

Currently reading:
General Hi all just a big thanks for all the posts which helped diagnose my cars probs

Hugo1gb

Hi all im a newbie not sure if this is where I put my comments on but here goes. Thanks to all the threads re faults on grande punto cars as mine is a 56 plate and developed several faults which were proving difficult to sort out. It started with flickering lights then gradually got worse with engine management light on and off then electric power steering warning lights then sudden loss of power going uphill etc
Having read many threads on here i told my new mechanic and he changed a badly corroding earth lead to the underside of the chassis which steadied the erratic voltage readings a bit he was getting then the battery and finally the alternator which regulated the correct steady voltage reading and corrected all the faults i was getting. I read on here many owners having similar probs and it looks like the faults were a combination of the corroding cable and alternator but a new battery does no harm. Thanks again all and I hope the info above helps anyone struggling with similar problems

Back