Hi all from Cornwall

Currently reading:
Hi all from Cornwall

Cornish Ian

Hi all
As my user name suggests I’m from Cornwall, spent a few years away but always came back to my roots.
I‘m retired now but been in engineering all my life including a few years dabbling with spanners many moons ago.
I’ve always been bit of an Italian car fan but I have to admit to not possessing a fiat. However my wife is a proud owner of a 500 twin air street which she bought new around 10 years ago. Couldn’t persuade her to go for the Abarth but she loves her fiat so all is well.
I do tend to pick my jobs but I still do a bit on our cars as long it’s doesn‘t involve things like lifting gearboxes in and out.
Hobbies include cars, fishing, gardening, landscaping, playing with chainsaws and associated wood cutting gear. The latter keeps me fit and warm.
( in fact warm twice as the saying goes).
Best wishes Ian

Hi Ian, and welcome :)

I like twinairs too, about to order a battery for my 2012..as I am sure a cold winter might finally find its limits

Even more reason to enjoy a good pile of firewood :cool:

Charlie
Hi Charlie
Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I’ve just fitted a new battery to our twin air. Lack of use gave us signs that the battery was getting tired so I decided to get one before it really us down. We intend to keep the car for a few more years yet so an easy decision. I connected a spare battery before I made the change to preserve the data/ settings but I’m not sure if that was really necessary. Someone on here might be able to advise on that.
Always happy if the weather is cold, something about sitting beside a wood burner rather than turning the central heating on.
Ian

Did you go for a StopStart battery?

Im 50/50 on which way to go.. as the costs are quite different !!
its not performed S:S for @5 years... Ive not really missed it.

My recently purchased 2018 500 has working S:S and I disable it when I remember :)

Did you go for a StopStart battery?

Im 50/50 on which way to go.. as the costs are quite different !!
its not performed S:S for @5 years... Ive not really missed it.

My recently purchased 2018 500 has working S:S and I disable it when I remember :)

I went for an Exide stop start EFB EL600 027 from battery group for £78 ish. Being a plain EFB it wasn’t a huge amount more and OE spec I believe. Were you looking at AGM stop start because they are a big step up in price?
Our stop start hasn’t worked for a similar time to yours but surprisingly still doesn’t work even with the new battery. My wife used to use it but I’m not a fan. If I’m bored one day I might have a look but it’s not high on my list.

Thanks.. they were @£120 when I last looked.. best I buy one before the Winter pushes up demand and prices

I believe there is a procedure to help the S:S system monitor battery condition properly again

Charlie
Sounds about right. Probably have to disconnect the battery😀. I’ll probably leave it as it is.
Good luck with your new battery. Ian

I think if you uncouple the lightweight cables on the Battery terminals that does the job
.. without upsetting radio presets etc

Last edited:
I think if you uncouple the lightweight cables on the Battery terminals that does the job
.. without upsetting radio presets etc

Ok Thanks.

Back