Technical Hgt Variator

Currently reading:
Technical Hgt Variator

Just wondered if anybody has this GSR uprated Variator? or any infomation on it?

Mine needs replacing and i can get a fiat one easily just wondered if its worth uprating while im replacing it anyway.

and how much hasstle is it, ive heard its on an exchange programme??
Trigg~

yes.
repair kits can also be got from fiat a lot cheaper than a whole new Variator

I wish I'd known that :bang:

But my latest model Fiat variator was under £100 from Shop4Parts so not TOO bad I guess.

You will also need a pair of cam locking blocks which cost about £50 for the HGT (£25 for the 1250).

If the cam belt has done more than 40K or 4 years GET IT CHANGED NOW.
They lose teeth and you will loose a set of engine valves or worse.

:ROFLMAO: its done 66k and seeing as the service book hasnt been stamped in 6 YEARS! i dont think its had a belt. ive got all the SST's at work for the job. jus gotta get round to having time to do it.

sounds like a tank tho so figure i should soonish, original fiat belt or a contitech belt?? if the fiat belts need replacing so often im thinking ill go with conti they know there bisinness whn it comes ta rubber.

ive also got to find out why the heater blower doesnt work, its stopping me recieve freshly air cond air!!!

Also is it norm for the engine to hit mid temp on the guage 5 mins after start up? i think ill do an antifreeze change? looks like knats **** . .
Trigg~

Triggs, when you turn the fan on does it turn your sidelights on but not the fan? There's a guide to it on here, basically a connector under the glove box where the earth melts, a 5 minute job to whip it out and splice in an earth bypass for the connector!

Mine had done 67K and no service history to speak of. I ordered a new belt kit to fit the next weekend and used the car. 2 DAYS LATER the cam belt failed. It took out all 8 exhaust valves thankfully at tick-over so I got away without any piston or bottom end damage.

DONT USE THE CAR

Valves are about £20 each
Top end gasket kit £100
Head bolts £50

And all that's on top of the cam belt parts.

Back