HGT service costs

Currently reading:
HGT service costs

B

Big Andy

I've just had my first service done on my 155 HGT (60k service) and it was just over £300, is this about right or did they see me coming? It did include a nice set of spark plugs and a performance air filter (BMC one I think)

I can't wait for the next service, i was told it's around £600 at this place, is this about right too?

That's a good price for a 72K service. This includes a cambelt change- and it's an 'engine out' job!! People pay a few pounds shy of £1000 for this!

Re: Re: HGT service costs

Yep, the garage said they have a special guy who comes in to do these belt changes for them and it takes a day and a half (nevermind, they have a 145 cloverleaf as a courtesy car!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: HGT service costs

The service schedule on the HGT is 12/24,000. The 12,000 service should cost about £140 and the 24,000 about £230 as they change plugs and brake fluid etc.

The 72,000 service is indeed "the big one", however I would recommend the HGT at 48,000. I had the job done at a dealers and included the all important auto tensioner for £735.

Also, dont forget the cambelt service is 72,000 OR FIVE YEARS!!! Less if you drive it hard or if its a HGT.

Nige

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HGT service costs

£600 for the 72K is good, I paid that 2 years for my HGT and was well pleased. My main dealer quoted between £1000 and £1100 for the 72K.