HGT is Knackered Again!

Currently reading:
HGT is Knackered Again!

N

Nigel

OK I am used to Alfa Romeo's and their reliability issues, but never have I had a car as unreliable or unlucky as my HGT.

The car has been getting worse over the last few weeks and today the fuel injection system has given up again.

This is not the first time this has happened and you would have thought it was cured, as it has been OK for 30,000 miles! Now at 37,000 its shagged again!

I really need the car at the moment as I need to get to Devon quickly on a number of occasions (my Jag wheel bearing seized on the way back Sunday) and its just about done me in this time.

Time to change me thinks.......

Re: Re: HGT is Knackered Again!

So does this mean a Stilo's on the way?!?

Re: Re: Re: HGT is Knackered Again!

Hi Nigel
Sorry to hear about your H.G.T as you know i had trouble with my brava so much so that i was sick of it (for the want of a polite word) and i had to dump it after only 8 months, so i went back to the dealer i had the car from and i told him where he could stick the brava and he made me an offer i could'nt refuse he let me swap my R reg brava 1.6 sx for a W reg 1.6 sx Marea only done 19,000 k as a streight swap plus 12 months waranty, so far no prob,s with the new motor.
So i hope the god,s are as kind to you as they have been to me, all the best mate.

exrovermech

Re: Re: Re: Re: HGT is Knackered Again!

Its the throttle potentiometer once again. This is one of the causes of the original engine failures and was replaced before. So in 37,000 miles I have had two go. Thats crap!

The car is 1,000 miles out of warranty, the "replacement" is over 12 months old and therefore is also out of warranty. Bloody great on top of everything else.

N

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HGT is Knackered Again!

Surely your not going to leave it there?
Give them some stick about it!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HGT is Knackered Again!

ha ha, moi - give them stick? I will be taking the issue up in due course, trouble is I know its not the dealer at fault and to be fair to them they have, as usual, been as helpful and responsive as they can. I just dont have time at the moment to deal with it, but I will try something as its £240!

N

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HGT is Knackered Again!

...oh and my local Lotus dealer has a Carlton in the window at the moment..... hmmm.

Now do I swap out the J*g or the HGT?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HGT is Knackered Again!

BOTH, buy an audi RS6 estate.

Re: RS6

Oh no...not an RS6. They are undoubtedly well engineered but Audi have falen into the same trap as BMW. They have engineered all the soul out of their cars, even the S8.

Its the old adage. Ask Ferrari and BMW to make a 170 mph car and BMW would make a car that did...170mph as its what you asked for and you would take a loan out and buy it.

Ferrari would make a 165mph car but you would kill your Grandmother to own it......

Thats the difference to me.