General HGT front discs

Currently reading:
General HGT front discs

Ems

Cruising in the Fens!
Hi guys, I'm wondering how much I can expect to be charged for front discs and pads, having never changed discs before. It came up on the MOT that they were worn, along with the pads which will need to be done. And two front tyres - maybe I should ease off the right foot a little (y) It's going in for a service with FIAT next week but I'm reluctant to have them done at the same time if they're going to rip me off (n)

i would imagine they will charge you alot. as a guide this online shop wich is normally good on parts chargrs about £105for pads and discs for the front but you have to fit ya self. i can see fiat charging £200 for breaks and £150 for tyres. tyres are harder to proce up as depends alot on what brand you getting.

im sure some hgt owners will say if this is about right :D

Hi, just been looking on www.shop4parts.co.uk and discs are £30 each (+vat) and pads are £26 (+vat) although I'm certain I paid less than £20 for pads from my local car place, either way if you fit the brakes yourself (or buy a pint for a friend who doen't mind doing the brakes for you) you'll have a bit more cash to spend on new tyres since you don't want to pay Fiat too much for your cars service.

Cheers for the replies, I was having visions of £££££ running through the service manager's eyes at the garage ;) I'm tempted to buy the discs and pads myself and get a local garage to fit them - unfortunately don't have a mate who can do them for me otherwise there would be a whole lot of pints involved!

Back