General HGT 1.7 16v exhaust system

Currently reading:
General HGT 1.7 16v exhaust system

MiniPiggy

So it looks like I'm needing a new exhaust system as i'm blowing in multiple places [emoji31]
I'm hoping I might be able to get some help in finding a relatively cheap front pipe, back box/rear silencer as this is the first time I'm having to do this without any car knowledge behind me. However I'd also like to add a bit of grunt to my exhaust if possible, just to satisfy the girl racer in me (again as cheap as possible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated [emoji5]

So it looks like I'm needing a new exhaust system as i'm blowing in multiple places [emoji31]
I'm hoping I might be able to get some help in finding a relatively cheap front pipe, back box/rear silencer as this is the first time I'm having to do this without any car knowledge behind me. However I'd also like to add a bit of grunt to my exhaust if possible, just to satisfy the girl racer in me (again as cheap as possible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated [emoji5]

if you want to go cheap as possible - ebay is your best bet.

My wife has gone down this route with her punto and the cheap exhausts honestly dont last that long. She has had to replace (well I've had to do the work!) the center box twice in 2 years due to rust on the flexi joint.

I treated myself to a stainless steel straight through system on my punto and while costly (£350 for the center and rear), it has a lifetime guarantee.

When you say yours is blowing at all sections, is the manifold/cat ok? As these are the most costly parts of the system!

Last edited:
Back