General Hey Fixitagaintomorrow

Currently reading:
General Hey Fixitagaintomorrow

Jonna83

Established member
Essex/Southampton/Norwich, United Kingdom.
Jus a quick question, u kno u've lowerd ur cinq by 40mm did u jus get the springs or a full kit? And is the handling any better? Also how much did it cost? :D Also as a general question has any1 used 1 of those ecotek valves? r they anygd and worth having.

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

When i lowered mine by 35mm the handling was fab, then i decided to lower it by 50mm and the handling is s**t, the back end keeps twitching. [:0]

PRAISE THE LOWERED

I've just changed the springs, I'm still on the original (and about shagged) shox as I like a bit of ride comfort (and have to chauffeur my 3 1/2 yr old about). The springs make the handling better, and also enables you to do the lift off oversteer trick on wet roundabouts. Also enables your arse to fall out if you lift off on a diesel soaked wet roundabout, so be warned - I did a massive tank slapper barely staying in lane with 40mph oncoming traffic [:0][xx(]:I Springs were £70 I think, takes half a day to fit them yourself.

Ecotec valve - I know someone with a Cinq who has one and he reckons it's worth it. He says he gets better mpg and a little bit more power.

Mrs Crayon - have you chopped the bump stops? with a 50mm drop you'll just about be sitting on them all the time, I had to halve mine just for a 40mm drop, but the back end still bottoms out if you hit a bump in a fast bend, may be better with good shox though.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

Ecotec valve? They sound too good to be true. Does any one have first hand experience with these?

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by blitzen
Ecotec valve? They sound too good to be true. Does any one have first hand experience with these?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

or know how much they are/ where to get them - you know me allways up for more power @ less cost :D

GONE IN 60 MINS

i think i'll get one week after next when i get my exhaust, you think i'll be able to fit the valve myself?

GONE IN 60 MINS

Well ive read up about them ands its like a 10 min job 2 fit i was thinking of getting the combi package, they say u dnt get much power gains but it improves emissions Alot like 20% and u get atleast a 7% increase in mpg thats y i want 1.

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

This Ecotek thing sounds way too good to be true.
A little science a little voodoo .....
But you never know it got good reviews from a lot magazins.
Let us know if it is working.

well it cost me £60 bought and fitted, no real difference so far but i only done about 5 miles, one thing i did notice - i got it without the silencer, and if i brake with my foot on the clutch i can hear a funny noise [:eek:] i'm gonna pick up a silencer and see if it persits.

GONE IN 60 MINS

i should know by this time next week - i put about £15 of petrol in just before i got it - so should have a rough idea on consumption.

and cento m8 - i have no idea - thats why i got the garage to fit it :D

GONE IN 60 MINS

well thats my 15quid tank of super unleaded just about run out, total of 115 miles, i'll check how much i paid per litre tomorrow when i fill up, someone find out how many litres in a gallon and we can work out what the mpg has been:)

(you should know that i drive the car hard and this has been a purely urban run, ,mostly in and out of town and back and forth between college, girlfriends work and m8's houses)

GONE IN 60 MINS

Back