Technical here we go again

Currently reading:
Technical here we go again

lampro

3 weeks after passing it mot, the back brakes are seazing on had new calipers shoes for mot now not playing the game hate this car i really do

That's a shame seen ur add for it for sale prob would of brought if it wasn't just after Christmas hope she goes to a good home and remember tell new owner about the forum

cheers will do, solved the problem quit a quick fix, reajusted the brake cable fitted new pads on the front aswell as the front nearside caliper had gone tight and worn thre pads down to the metal ??

The cables are rubbish. They often seize. I must have had 3 new sets over the years.

In really cold weather, I don't apply the handbrake when parking overnight, they're guaranteed to freeze on otherwise.

I don't think that it's just Multiplas, my Alfa 166 is almost as bad. Is it just FIAT group cars that do this, or do other makes suffer likewise?

Just about all cars with rear discs will have this problem at some point, hydro-mechanical calipers are just a crap design, however they're done.

I've got a sticky rear caliper at the moment, even when it's not freezing, and it's not the cable anyway, it's the caliper mechanism itself.
They were only overhauled a year ago.:rolleyes:
The return spring is just not man enough for anything other than a brand new caliper/cable combination.
I'm going to try to make an additional spring mount soon, to make sure it returns properly.

I'll post up the results when it's done...

Back