Technical Henk at Barchetta.com

Currently reading:
Technical Henk at Barchetta.com

At bit of info for the Barchetta club:
I was in Nuenen this afternoon to pick up some parts and have a chat with Henk ( known to most of you as the Barchetta guru ).
Henk is a massive wealth of Barchetta knowledge. By coincidence I arrived at the same time his friend Paul, who stopped by on his bike to pick up a
set of b dashboard meters. He refurbishes them as a hobby. Interesting conversation. We will meet up again in a few weeks to dismantle my clocks and figure out why the temperature gauge doesn't work.
For myself, I have a new heat-shield, a wind-screen with mounting plate, an a few other assorted objects. Henk also had a good look at my b, which after awhile he recognized from repairs by the former owner about 8 years ago.
What Henk noticed on my b is that the front and rear bumpers are replicas and not originals. Which explains why they don't quite fit.
Plus an interesting tip:
My b was in for APK (MOT) and the mechanic showed me where the flex piece coming down from the down-pipe was fraying and would need to be replaced soon. This piece has 3 Lambda sensors, 2 in the down-pipe and 1 just in-front of the middle damper. The down-pipe, with sensors, flex-bend and 3rd Lambda costs about Euro 700, if you can find 1. Advice from Henk: if you have this problem, Alpha Romeo has a separate flexible piece which can be welded in. Also a number of third-party possibilities.
Now my question: to install the replica bumper, the crossrail (51725038 for those looking in the pdf parts list) and brackets 46731101 and 46731102 were removed.
Anyone know of anyone who might have these lying around? Or have experience with this situation?
Thanks
ER

Had a quick web search on the 51725038 number and came up with some hits.

Suggest you do the same for both.

Also for everyone I found this site which lists original part numbers, description, and where available/made alternative manufacturers.

https://partinfo.org/producers/fiat/

Try examples:

Had a quick web search on the 51725038 number and came up with some hits.

Suggest you do the same for both.

Also for everyone I found this site which lists original part numbers, description, and where available/made alternative manufacturers.

https://partinfo.org/producers/fiat/

Try examples:

Thanks! Doesn't seem to solve my problem but it's an interesting line of pursuit.
ER

Well what about this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174201673973

I appreciate it is not a part "lying around" but it does mean that the part is available - at cost!

Your alternative is to self fabricate or design and get fabricated a "workable" alternative. I had to do similar on our Strada Abarth with radiator support members. I appreciate the larger more substantial item you are after is different but if nobody offers then it is eBay and OE via other places like Henk. Won't be cheap though!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I wonder how substantial the crossrail is. It's not part of the structural frame. Other wise it couldn't be removed and still pass APK (MOT). I assume it is there to protect the radiator and oil cooler from damage at low speed collision. But not required. Which is pretty strange.

I wonder how substantial the crossrail is. It's not part of the structural frame. Other wise it couldn't be removed and still pass APK (MOT). I assume it is there to protect the radiator and oil cooler from damage at low speed collision. But not required. Which is pretty strange.
Images in those 3 linked make it look pretty substantial. According to Fiat ePER it weights 5kg / 11 lbs.

It appears to be the behind bumper crash bar. Not only to take minor knocks but also progressively crush / fold / give and absorb heavy impacts.

I don't know about APK but a UK MOT would not pick up on this and fail the car. I doubt your APK would either because that area behind the bumper in front of the radiator is all enclosed and not visible from either above or below the car.

Looking at photos I think this might be the bumper crash bar. Available at a reasonable price for a bunch of other FIAT's, but not the b .

Back