help

Currently reading:
help

chrisGT98

im 23 been on me mams insurance for 4 yrs iv got to go on me own now any body hav any good suggestions

punto GT by the way :yuck:

officina_crane

when i was getting insured on my 1.2 punto sporting i was getting some mental quotes...more than the car, mainly because im 18 and i ran my mums brand new mini cooper into a big fat deer last year...didnt go down well, but then i tried co-op and it was much more reasonable, give them a try they have an online calculator

it's actually CIS insurance, but if you google co-op car insurance you'll find it.

hope it gives you a good quote.

jug

blessed are the apostates
23 is still under25 so you'll get raped.

and i assume you've got no NCB if you were only a named driver for 4 years.

plus anything with a turbo is asking for trouble.

i always check confused.com & gocompare.com, then you have an idea of what a good quote is, then you need to get a hundred more quotes in an effor to beat the best from confused/gocompare.

no one can say which company will be cheapest for you. the company that is cheapest for me may charge you double what another company would. its very individual.

officina_crane

some insurance companies will let you build up no claims as a named driver, i know that co-op and direct line do, don't know which others will. but you can only claim the no claims built up as a named driver with the insurance you are currently insured with.

so have a look who your mum is insured with, it's worth checking even if it turns out your mum's insurance dont offer it.

jug

blessed are the apostates
NCB for named drivers in not transferrable to otehr insurance companies, meaning it is worthless unless you plan to stay with your current insurer, which is unlikely to happen if you go for the cheapest quote. its a clever little con.

alanleeds

hey im new on here jus wonderin if anybody knows where i can get a decent big boot spoiler or if any one has one which they wana sell for a cinq only thing is im not totally rich anywhere if anyone dose let me kno and send a pic over thanks

officina_crane

you want the classifieds section my friend.

take a look through the ads and post a wanted ad.

FDF

Marea Scrappaged :(
Try talking direct to the insurance companies, they want your business so they will probably give you a year or two of NCB based on being a named driver on another policy.
Also try the internet, my favourite is moneysupermarket.com, they always come up trumps for me.
Its going to be quite boring for you but a couple of hours on the phone and the internet should get you a good quote. When you're under 25 they will fleece you, it gets better when you turn 25 and a lot better after 30.

Good luck (y)

1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V saloon.

Last edited: