Technical HELP! WTF? Several Error codes and Airbag light and warning

Currently reading:
Technical HELP! WTF? Several Error codes and Airbag light and warning

frogsuk

Just had a problem with my 2014 Qubo 1.3 and changed the battery which cured stop start but threw up a Airbag warning.
Car went into today to have a service upgrade on ECU for Alternator and Heater plugs and it threw up the following codes as in picture. Fiat garage cleared the codes when doing the ECU update but said they had returned. The car is converted so I can drive from it from my wheelchair so Fiat only cover engine and transmission under warranty for 3 years, the rest is down to me!
Any ideas appreciated.
On one note, as some as you turn the ignition on, the fuel gage goes to E straight away then goes to normal level, also every time the car starts, the mileage flashes and the date and time go to 1 JAN and 00:00,
IMG_0351.JPGIMG_0354.JPGIMG_0355.JPG
Any ideas please?
Apart from that, the car runs great!

Last edited:
Starter motor lol, voltage before cranking 12.86 voltage when cranking 12.855 volts. Brand new stop start battery D52 Varta Start-Stop Plus 027 AGM Car Battery 12V 60Ah. Old battery was an RAC003 I can only think fitted by the converter, stayed at 12.45 volts. New battery definitely solved my 8 month stop start problem, so much so it bugs me and I sometimes turn it off! Maybe I should of kept my last battery lol.
This problem appeared last week with the old battery. Used my Delphi system to clear and try and do an alignment as well but it failed to carry it out, then bought a MultiECUscan of fleabay but that wouldn't even connect to my laptops so sent that back so may have to fork out for genuine one. I just want my Airbag light to go off!!!

Last edited:
Am I right in reading this as the faults , flashing mileage and date and time resetting to 1jan 00.00 only started happening after having work done at garage?

Please see my edited posting above sent while you where sending yours. Thanks for the help guys! Brilliant response

Last edited:
Am I right in reading this as the faults , flashing mileage and date and time resetting to 1jan 00.00 only started happening after having work done at garage?

Please see my edited posting below sent while you where sending yours. Thanks

Starter motor lol, voltage before cranking 12.86 voltage when cranking 12.855 volts. Brand new stop start battery D52 Varta Start-Stop Plus 027 AGM Car Battery 12V 60Ah. Old battery was an RAC003 I can only think fitted by the converter, stayed at 12.45 volts. New battery definitely solved my 8 month stop start problem, so much so it bugs me and I sometimes turn it off! Maybe I should of kept my last battery lol.
This problem appeared last week with the old battery. Used my Delphi system to clear and try and do an alignment as well but it failed to carry it out, then bought a MultiECUscan of fleabay but that wouldn't even connect to my laptops so sent that back so may have to fork out for genuine one. I just want my Airbag light to go off!!!

Last edited:
you've had answers from most of the UK,

if you hinted at a town / postcode.. one of us could be within MES cable distance ;)

Brilliant idea, thanks. Live in Carmarthenshire but will travel Cardiff to Pembroke? Aberystwyth to Abergavenny and anywhere in between. Off to Steam Punk show at Blaenavon Iron works today and tomorrow for a bit of R&R now

Hi all. Getting back to the original thread.A few months ago I also had some errors shown on the screen including a transmission fault light. After a fair bit of head scratching and luck, it turned out to be the O/S rear light cluster that had oxidised and needed a good clean. I did this and no more fault lights.
I have seen that other forum members have solved similar issues in this way.
Rear light clusters appear to be an issue with the Qubo.
Again it's a long shot but worth a try. At least you will have clean rear lights.

Last edited:
Just back from a good day out. I will have a look on Monday and report back and also go through all visible wiring etc to do with air bag and see what I physically find. There is a lot of mods from electric hand brake to hand control for brake and accelerator, hydraulic tail gate and ramp and the list goes on...

Back