Help with V5C / Log Book , Anyone?

Currently reading:
Help with V5C / Log Book , Anyone?

Hello, Got my Panda from my sister in October.

She gave me the V5C but no log book.

The V5C is saying she should have sent off a part of the Log Book (Registration Certificate) with my details and I hold onto that V5C until a new Log Book is sent to me.

What happens if she doesn't find this log book, how do I go about getting mine? The car is technically not mine until I get it sorted :-(

I know this is probably an easy process but I'm only 20 and new to this game of buying cars!

Thanks in advance!

Hello, Got my Panda from my sister in October.

She gave me the V5C but no log book.

The V5C is saying she should have sent off a part of the Log Book (Registration Certificate) with my details and I hold onto that V5C until a new Log Book is sent to me.
!

Hi,:)
the Mainland UK one ( V5C / AKA logbook) is A4 sized, and has a couple of "tear-off" sections on the last page..,
you are supposed to KEEP one as your "receipt" while the the front section "full A$" gets sent away to Swansea SA(( to be processed,
the idea of the small "receipt" portion is YOU can use it to claim a new V5C IF the new one never arrives:)

The V5c is not proof of ownership so if you have paid your sister for the car it is technicals and legally yours.

What it is not is registered to you with the dvla. So if you get a ticket or a fine it will be your sister who has to fill in all the forms on who was driving.

The insurance company will like to know who the car is registered to, to be sure that there is no 'fronting' going on but it's not going to make a difference to premiums

So how do I go about sending off for a new one?

Seeing as it's highly unlikely she even knows where the current one is. Log book / Registration documents that is.

I'd like the car to be mine (me as Registered Keeper) in the eyes of the DVLA and Insurance :)

Hang on, the V5C is the log book, unless all you have is the green slip with your details on (which is the V5C/2). It (the green slip) should have been removed from the rest of the V5C in your sister's name when the car was transferred from her to you.

You can use a V62 form to get a new V5C.

So how do I go about sending off for a new one?

Seeing as it's highly unlikely she even knows where the current one is. Log book / Registration documents that is.

I'd like the car to be mine (me as Registered Keeper) in the eyes of the DVLA and Insurance :)

As
chaos said, you can pay a fee and order a new one..

however what do YOU have now..??
you mentioned a "logbok / V5" :confused:

the V5C is BLUE . or RED - A4 sized and will have YOUR name and address as keeper, the vehicle details, and your Sisters name and address , as previous keeper,

the tearoff slip is a "receipt" and should be used to get a FREE V5C if the 1st issue is lost in the post from Swansea SA99

Charlie

Last edited:
Back