Technical Help with strange electric problem

Currently reading:
Technical Help with strange electric problem

bmcream

hi hope some guru can help with this, I have a mk2b punto dynamic 04 plate & when turning ign key to start- dashboard warning lights flash on then go out- I have to gently turn key back - sometimes lights come back on as they are meant to and I can start car-(drivers airbag red light stays on ) The yellow padlock key code stays of so although engine is turning over it wont fire up.
the d/board warning lights are barely visable before going out(as if hardly any current is getting to them). So after turning key backwards and forwards for an age everything starts working and i can get moving. Ive cleaned earths on inner passenger side wing(where battery earth block is and the earth in the inside compartment drivers side.. Also the master key works better than the spare whilst trying to start the car. hope some one can help as this prob seems to be getting worse . could it b alternator prob or startingmotor or body computer- ign wiring etc Thanks

Cheers Charlie
I will attempt to check ign barrel contacts- with the use of a Haynes Manual for info
but when u say more fundamental can u throw more light on that
cheers again

thanks again Charlie
Iwill do as u suggest this thurs and get back to you if thats alright

also I think airbag light could be separate prob as thats had a mind of its own for sometime now -hopefully know a bit more after following your ideas this thurs
and getting some code readings
cheers

Back