General help with seci needed please

Currently reading:
General help with seci needed please

tadg

hi guys, what a great site, just hope someone out there can point me the wright way, i have a 1998 seci sporting, that i have had for about two weeks, the overheating light keeps coming on,i have bypassed the fan switch and put this on a switch so i can run the fan from start up but the light still comes on, the car shows no sign of over heating, and the heater blows hot air, etc, but its bugging me that the light still comes on, has any one had this on there car? or can anyone point me to the cause or the fix for this, also the car has a flat spot at low revs,i have changed the plugs,air filter, fuel filter, oil and filter, if you rev it when pulling off its fine but if you just drive it like an old man the flat spot is there, by the way its the SPI, iv been looking at the posts but cant find any about the warning lights or the low rev flat spots, any help would be great, thanks tadg

Last edited:
hi guys, what a great site, just hope someone out there can point me the wright way, i have a 1998 seci sporting, that i have had for about two weeks, the overheating light keeps coming on,i have bypassed the fan switch and put this on a switch so i can run the fan from start up but the light still comes on, the car shows no sign of over heating, and the heater blows hot air, etc, but its bugging me that the light still comes on, has any one had this on there car? or can anyone point me to the cause or the fix for this, also the car has a flat spot at low revs,i have changed the plugs,air filter, fuel filter, oil and filter, if you rev it when pulling off its fine but if you just drive it like an old man the flat spot is there, by the way its the SPI, iv been looking at the posts but cant find any about the warning lights or the low rev flat spots, any help would be great, thanks tadg

Sounds very much like what mine went like when the headgasket went :(

If theres no sign of overheating it could be the temp sensor is foobard. Does it come on from cold? Personally id go to a garage and ask them to do a 'block test'. They use a special blue fluid and a thing that looks like a cross between a dildo and i ***** pump and put it in your header tank and pump it. If the fluid turns green or yellow the head gaskets gone. This is usually a free test. Also the flat spot will be one of/both of the ignition coil packs. There available from a scrapper (not reccomended because theyre common fault on cinques and secies) or get them from any good car spares place. I know Worksop Motor Spares do them (01909) 474049 Just depends if your from my area though lol hope this helps. Ben.

hi all, thanks for your help, il have a look today, if the wether clears up, and get back to you all later with the report, thanks again tadg

Back