Technical Help with elec problem

Currently reading:
Technical Help with elec problem

spuddy333

hi my prob is just fitted a new radio to my seicento and think i may of shorted a wire ,but ive checked all the fuses but have no 12v to stereo also my petrol gauge now stays at full untill i turn on the engine then it goes to whatever my feul level is ,, i dint know what to do!!! all was well till i tried to put in new stereo !! its a 2002 sporting,,any help please

hi used an iso lead,ive been doing some checking and it seems the radio supply is shorted to earth ,but no fuses are blown i real dont get it ,niether the radio or cig lighter works ,or are there other fuses, icant find some where,ive reconnected all the earths and the batt etc,in an attempt to reset ,but even with it all dissconnected it still reads short at the radio supply... help!!!

may poss of done that but cant find any blown fuses!! are there any hidden apart from main box and those by engine managment under bonnet??
i realy dont get whats going on ... getting a headache lol

ok as far as ican tell the fuses all seem ok,the cig lighter works fine in fact everything works ok except for the clock resets its self eveytime i swt ign on /off and the petrol gauge stays at full when ign off and keys out ,but all start again when ign turned on ,,, but no power to the radio iso lead ,ive checked with my mmeter and theres no voltage ,have checked earths all are good ,radio has a good earth etc,just no supply ,its like theres a hidden fuse !! that i cannot find

hi nope im measuring voltage at iso connector there is no voltage either swt or not ,,,is there anything behind speedo? as the fuel gauge is staying on when ign is off and the clock and trip meter reset each time you swt ign on/off

ok,it seems theres a 7.5amp fuse under the dash near climate control system,i havnt found that,anyone know excatlely where it is ?? ive checked all the others but cant find it !!!!

Remove F15 and check for continuity first.

F15, 15Amp. Fuse box second row down 5th from left.
Cable from fuse box = Blue/Red, joins Red, Green /Red to radio pins 4, 7. Also feeds dash display inc, fuel gauge on pin 17.

C20, Right hand dashboard earth.
Goes to pin 16 dash display, Pin 8 radio. Black cable.

F22, 10Amp. Fuse box bottom row 4th from left. Ignition swithed.
Cable from fuse box = Light blue/White joins Light blue.
To dash display warning lamps etc. pin 18 and radio pin 6.

Last edited:
ok
ive spend several hours checking fuses etc!!! all seem ok ,ive taken each one out and measured with a multimeter ,checked fuses under bonnet too all good!!!
here is what doesnt work,
there is no 12v, supply to radio,yet the cig lighter works and all lights horn ,wipers etc!!!
the trip meter and clock reset to zero everytime ign is turned back off and the petrol gauge stays on ,even with keys out,it seems as though all of the speedo pinicale resets its self!!!! as if its lost a constant supply...

is there some kind of fuse in there? in my user manual for the car it states there is a 7.5 amp fuse mounted under dash near all the heater controls etc,but i cant find it ,,please help im going nuts !!!

Cable from fuse box = Blue/Red, joins Red, Green /Red to radio pins 4, 7. Also feeds dash display inc, fuel gauge on pin 17.

Big thankyou,went back through this and found the fuse blown!! missed it before !! thanks,all working fine now,,,thanks for the hjelp:worship:

y do i get a slightly uneasy feeling u didnt even glance at a wiring diagram for this info cc1??

Back