General Help With Brakes

Currently reading:
General Help With Brakes

Last week i changed my pads and shoes. Also had a rear main cylinder siezed so i changed that aswell. Brakes were really soft and didn't do anything. Had the car to a garage they have checked my work and said that was all fine and bled the system. Still i have too put my foot right to the floor and it hardly does anything however i can get it to just lock up the front drivers wheel. The garage doesn't really know whats wrong but suggested the master brake cylinder could have gone??? Just wondered if this is possible seen as the brakes although low on pads and shoes were working fine before i changed them. Don't know what to do next anyone agree with the garage or have their own reason for failure?

I pinched the brake pipe with mole grips to prevent air and fluid loss. But the calliper cylinders obviously had to be pushed back to get the new pads in. Could this have damaged the master cylinder? Take it i can't repair th cylinder i need a new one???

Looks like a very similar problem to mine but i cant see a pad jamming. I cleaned the recess where they moved and put copper grease on them. I think its a new master cylinder time. Got a new one coming tomo £28 inc vat that seem fair???

Back