Help To Keep Your License

Currently reading:
Help To Keep Your License

Just a heads up.

A friend of mine drives HGV for a living, he also rides an R1.

He was caught speeding again on his R1 a few months ago. 85mph in a 30 zone, yes its bad I agree, he was prepared to loose his license for what he had done which would mean he lost his job and as a result probabely his home.

This company( http://www.thejohnsonpartnership.co.uk ) not only saved his license but got his sentence suspended.

Whilst I don't agree with what he did, or the fact he practically got away with it, if you find yourself in a similar postition they're good, very good so give them a call.

Just a heads up.

A friend of mine drives HGV for a living, he also rides an R1.

He was caught speeding again on his R1 a few months ago. 85mph in a 30 zone, yes its bad I agree, he was prepared to loose his license for what he had done which would mean he lost his job and as a result probabely his home.

This company( http://www.thejohnsonpartnership.co.uk ) not only saved his license but got his sentence suspended.

Whilst I don't agree with what he did, or the fact he practically got away with it, if you find yourself in a similar postition they're good, very good so give them a call.

This is so wrong on so many levels(n)

How did they save his liscence?

It would involve letters from his employers stating that he would be without a job if he lost his licence. If he gets caught doing anything silly (speeding, drink driving etc.) over the next 2-3 years and he will end up with a lengthy ban as the magistrates will assume he hasn't learnt his lesson. He hasn't "Got away with it" and must be squeaky clean in his driving for the forseable future. All his vehicles will have been 'tagged' as well so he is liable to be stopped all the time too.

I don't like the "would lose job" get out that some people are getting. Fair enough in some cases but you don't do 85 in a 30 zone by accident (n)

For cases like this I'd offer the person a choice - lose your license for 2 years or lose the vehicle.

Reminded me of this:
"A Swindon motorist has 39 penalty points on his or her licence - the most in Great Britain - but not been banned."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-13277186

Last edited:
Believe its possible to get bans overturned if you can prove losing your license would cause "undue hardship" however not sure how I feel about someone daft enough to be caught doing 85 in a 30 being allowed to control a 39 tonner..

Believe its possible to get bans overturned if you can prove losing your license would cause "undue hardship" however not sure how I feel about someone daft enough to be caught doing 85 in a 30 being allowed to control a 39 tonner..

yet you get banned from drink driving?
Which to me both are bad as each other
85 in a 30 is more then double the speed limit, which normally means instand ban....

Well just shows how broken the law in sometimes

Ziggy

true - but they won't get caught doing 85 in that..!!,:eek:

I have on occasions done VERY unsuitable speeds - almost by accident,

and agree with both sides - I cannot justify that speed on anything but a dual carriageway,with NO paths, pedestrians,oncoming traffic, etc.

but have also "Seriously Misjudged" my speed in an unfamiliar vehicle,

Charlie

yet you get banned from drink driving?
Which to me both are bad as each other
85 in a 30 is more then double the speed limit, which normally means instand ban....

Well just shows how broken the law in sometimes

Ziggy

Drink driving is always treated as a more serious offense than speeding, speeding offense only stays on your license 3 years, drink driving is on there for a decade. Also if he had killed someone he wouldn't have had a snowball in hells chance of keeping his license.

http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/avoiddrivingban.htm

He drives a 44 tonner(6 axles). In his 20 years as an HGV driver he has never done anything wrong while driving, all his offences are from his bikes.

Is that not thrill seeking is about though? Risk taking etc :confused:
Yes I know and the only thing that will stop jerks like that is when they kill someone.

I dunno, but I thought they no longer take loosing a job into consideration anymore :confused:
I think it depends on the magistrate involved and how well the argument is put accross, hence why well paid help is a must if you want to get away with it. It will still affect his insurance as he has been found guilty of excess speed and has had his sentance suspended not quashed. He may find it difficult to insure his bike next time around. Of course this could mean that this idiot will then drive around uninsured as well. :bang:

He drives a 44 tonner(6 axles). In his 20 years as an HGV driver he has never done anything wrong while driving, all his offences are from his bikes.

Odd I have a friend who does 40k a year in company vans and owns an R6..yet he has not been caught doing nearly 3 times the limit...but he has discovered track days.

Also offences? Sounds like he will be banned before long considering you can only use exceptional hardship once every 3 years..

That sort of speed should be done on a track, NOT on a public road.

My view? What a kn*b.

Dom

+1

Odd I have a friend who does 40k a year in company vans and owns an R6..yet he has not been caught doing nearly 3 times the limit...but he has discovered track days.

Also offences? Sounds like he will be banned before long considering you can only use exceptional hardship once every 3 years..

My bike (XJ6) has a top speed of around 130, 0-60 in 4.5ish seconds, yes its fun to ride fast (within the limit though!). Everyone speeds at some point in their life, but that fast?! You can't even say you didn't notice, I know when I'm doing 10mph over the limit.

85 in a 30?

should have banned him AND crushed the vehicle.

They will do it again, human nature is that predictable.

Yep. His time will come.

Back