General help think its clutch

Currently reading:
General help think its clutch

tiffano

punto team 1998 mk1 1250cc
dont no if anybody can help,
wife brings car home rattling like a good en,
and wired smell,from under bonnet,realy hard to get gears when i tried and then nothing,gone back to start it again will not turn over,trys too but just makes a grinding noise,i took the rubber cover of over the clutch to see the fly wheel think thats what it is,and turned that with big screw driver,and its that was is screaming when it turns.and also if i push it in gear it makes the seam noise any ideas please.

punto team 1998 mk1 1250cc
dont no if anybody can help,
wife brings car home rattling like a good en,
and wired smell,from under bonnet,realy hard to get gears when i tried and then nothing,gone back to start it again will not turn over,trys too but just makes a grinding noise,i took the rubber cover of over the clutch to see the fly wheel think thats what it is,and turned that with big screw driver,and its that was is screaming when it turns.and also if i push it in gear it makes the seam noise any ideas please.

Did you say be for the garage said the starter motor had broke clean in half ?

That happened on a mate 60s when the clutch went tried to start it and the starter motor shaft snapped...tho where you got that from I don't know

This was a previous post by tiffano

thanks for getting back to me,
had to have it towed to garage last night,
they have just rung me and said that the starter motor had broke clean in half,and they have to replace it with a new one before they can even check the clutch,i have no idea about cars, so dont no if im getting stung or not,will keep you updated,thanks again,

about the starter motor had broke clean in half :cry:

Noes cone broke off my daughters 60 and fell inside i was going to do the clutch any way she was having bother getting it in to gear;)

Back