General Help removing and fitting a radio/stereo on a '93 Panda

Currently reading:
General Help removing and fitting a radio/stereo on a '93 Panda

jakfiatpanda

Hey guys, I've just bought a 1993 1.0 litre Fiat Panda and its in good shape. The previous owner has fitted (but not plugged in) a Panasonic (removable face) radio/tape player and I would like to remove it and re-install it or another similar type of stereo. I'm not sure how to get it out of the dashboard without damaging it so any help or advice would be great!
Many thanks, Jak.

Hi ok first step would be to remove the existing fitted radio from it's mounting cage I would think it will hac two holes showing on the side's of the existing radio to be removed? you will need the pin key's that push into the holes to pull radio out but diff keys may have been used, rather than bugger up the job take car to Halfords or a good car audio shop and ask them to take it out for you. Pob. cheeper if you don't know what to do.
Hey guys, I've just bought a 1993 1.0 litre Fiat Panda and its in good shape. The previous owner has fitted (but not plugged in) a Panasonic (removable face) radio/tape player and I would like to remove it and re-install it or another similar type of stereo. I'm not sure how to get it out of the dashboard without damaging it so any help or advice would be great!
Many thanks, Jak.

He said its an aftermarket panasonic unit in there which means it more than likely wont have visible release holes like the standard grundig ones. Its a shame you hadn't seen the unit prior to fitting, that way you can make note of where the release mechanisms are. I can remove my alpine in about 10 seconds with a kitchen knife now i know where the release mechanism is.

So read the link above and see if it helps. Normally you have to lever a bendy bit of metal towards the inside of the headunit. Bit difficult to explain

Cheers Ben it@s hard to give info if you don's see the head unit best bet as I said take it to a shop/fitter/installer saves breaking plastic like the LOW LIFE did when he stole Lindas radio out of the selecta at least the police got a conviction against them but I'v still to replace the fascia that the B*****d smashed to get the radio:cry:

Back