Help needed by a newbie.

My 1995 punto 1.1 55sx has the following problems:-
1. The headlights only work on dipped and not main beam
2. Windscreen wipers wont work in any position
3. Radio lost power supply
4. Windscreen washers not working

All of the above were OK untill last night when it all went wrong
whilst driving home.

I have checked all the fusses and replaced them all (just in case)
but this made no difference.

Your advice sugestions would be much appreciated.

Eric ( A newbie to this forum and to Punto's):)

windscreen motor could of been flooded if the drains are blocked.

i'd check for a loose wire on the radio, also on most there is a fuse in the back of the radio next to the plug.

Hi, I am new to this forum and i am having problems with my wipers. (fiat 55 sx 1995) 1.1.
I bought my car last weekend and the day after my wipers stopped working. I took the car back to the garage and it was the fuse that blew. I went out today and my wipers stuck and wouldnt work again so i had to drive home with them stuck. I tried 12 fuses in it and when i turned ignition on it just blew every time, i presume it might be a loose wire. I will be going to the garage again tomorrow i would advise you to go if you do have the same problem. :)

Hi, I am new to this forum and i am having problems with my wipers. (fiat 55 sx 1995) 1.1.
I bought my car last weekend and the day after my wipers stopped working. I took the car back to the garage and it was the fuse that blew. I went out today and my wipers stuck and wouldnt work again so i had to drive home with them stuck. I tried 12 fuses in it and when i turned ignition on it just blew every time, i presume it might be a loose wire. I will be going to the garage again tomorrow i would advise you to go if you do have the same problem. :)

You obvously have a 'dead short' throwing fuses at will do nothing except cost you money.You need to locate the fault...try disconnecting the wiper motor first.

You obvously have a 'dead short' throwing fuses at will do nothing except cost you money.You need to locate the fault...try disconnecting the wiper motor first.

Well i havent tried to put another fuse in since, I have booked it in the garage tomorrow as im not very good with cars and dont want to touch anything if i dont know what im doing.
Thanks for your help i guessed it was something along those lines.:)

My 1995 punto 1.1 55sx has the following problems:-
1. The headlights only work on dipped and not main beam
2. Windscreen wipers wont work in any position
3. Radio lost power supply
4. Windscreen washers not working

1. Could be blown bulbs, dodgy earth or just need to give the wiring plug a wiggle.
2. Doubt it is a blocked drain, never known that to block on a Mk1...could be a dead relay or dead motor though.
3. Not sure if the fuse is ok. Can't remember if there is a fuse in the back of the headunit or not on Mk1
4. Could be a dead pump...can you hear the pump whirring when you try to use them?

Back