Technical Help please??

Currently reading:
Technical Help please??

stuk2000

Hi all, got a problem and Im pulling my hair out!!!

I have a 51 plate 2.0jtd.

Its a pig to start, glo plug light doesnt come on but they do work.

The main problem is that I will be driving down the road and then it will cut out and stop. I have to pull to the side. Take the key out and then try and start. It will keep turning over and over then eventually start.

Any ideas please??

Can you elaborate on how it actually cuts out?

I had a 2002 vauxhall combo that kept cutting out, as if running out of fuel, wouldn't start etc. It did this intermittently until it finally gave up the ghost.

That turned out to be the fuel ECU.

Maybe this will help?

Try checking the cam sensor plug on the top of the rocker cover (timing belt end) or the crank sensor plug on top of the gearbox, give them a wiggle or disconnect the battery then unplug them & check the wiring at the plugs, the wiring can become brittle. Dig.

Can you elaborate on how it actually cuts out?

I had a 2002 vauxhall combo that kept cutting out, as if running out of fuel, wouldn't start etc. It did this intermittently until it finally gave up the ghost.

That turned out to be the fuel ECU.

Maybe this will help?

What happens is that I put my foot down and the van just cuts out all together! Have to coast to a stand still, take the key out and then try starting it, takes about 20-30 seconds to restart!

looks like you are having the same problem as me.do you know anyone who can do a diagnostic check for you, this will give you the fault codes you need to finding a solution. it is possible that it is the map sensor try spraying some contact cleaner on it as i did and see if it runs ok. it worked for me but the problem came back, i am changing my map sensor tommorow i wil let you know if it works

Your going to have to put your hand in your pocket and get it diagnosed. This will save you a fortune and stop you tearing your hair out every morning.

Back