General help please rear sub/bush & rear radius arm bush

Currently reading:
General help please rear sub/bush & rear radius arm bush

bbkmrc

hi all please take a moment to read and help if poss i have a 1.6 multipla on a y plate the other day i noticed the back of the car sloping and the drivers rear wheel was on a tilt 1st i was told the rear bush was gone on the sub frame (it looks very warm but no play on the wheel ) then i was told the wheel tilts due to the rear radius arm bush now i tryed to locate FSM2029 to fix the rear subframe bush but the part has been dicontinued from front line dose any body know of any other bush i can use to try and fix its thr rear bush at the rear
has any body fixed the radius arm bush if so can you please point me in the direction
thanx :bang:

If I ever meet a car designer, I won't get tired of punching him, not for a couple of hours at least.
It would have cost a few pence to put a grease nipple in the rear arm, so you could lube it regularly, and prevent the whole thing seizing up.
That or seal it properly in the first place.

Made a start on my left trailing arm tonight, got the nut off no problem, but the bolt is seized in so tight it was as much as I could do to turn it a few degrees, let alone get it out.
I'm going to have to drop the subframe now, all for the want of a poxy grease nipple :bang:

Cant you get a slim cutting disk and a grinder to cut the bolt either side ?

Radius arm bearings

I know that's an option, but can it be done without damaging either the subframe, or the radius arm?
The seals have a metal insert/spacer piece in them, so I'm guessing you'd cut through those, as they must protrude either side of the arm by a few mm, otherwise the arm would bear on the subframe.
First, I'm going to try removing the Anti-Roll bar, and putting an Enerpac hydraulic jack and bar between the two bolt ends, to try and force the left one out (then do the same with the right one).
That or weld a bar onto the bolt head, and make up a puller of some sort.

Back